Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | [15] | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User IranianGiraffe
(experienced) Thu 19-Oct-17 15:47:04
Print Post

Re: GPU

[re: IranianGiraffe] [link to this post]

Personally think people are in love with "Masternode" coins at the moment.

Was mining Solaris coin before it switched algorithm to allow for master nodes when it was 20p ish a coin, It's now around 68p a coin (although did hit £1)
I managed to mine around 350 of them and then purchased the remaining 650 or so for £175 so I've got a masternode setup and running myself as I was quite confident it was going to go up in price with the returns from the masternodes .

Smartcash (4p each) and Zencash (£8 each) could well be ones to keep an eye on (both have a nice mining return at the moment, The prices mentioned have already gone up a fair bit in the last few days but people haven't even seen the returns yet so they could go up even more.
Zencash has secure nodes coming in and if the returns are as they look then the ROI is going to be crazy good and can deffo see the price going up with people buying them up.
Smartcash are giving a % of the blocks mined to people holding over 1000 coins and not selling any every month as well so I can see people buying a few of them as well, This is in no way financial advise just something I will look for as like I said they are already profitable to mine so may well just hold on mine for a little bit to see if the above may happen.
(experienced) Wed 06-Dec-17 14:39:17
Print Post

Crypto is going nuts at the moment. Bitcoin currently at £9450 which is insane for what it was earlier this year.
I mentioned keeping an eye on Zencash in a previous post and glad I kept hold of mine for a while as they have gone from £8 when I mentioned to currently £28. (although I sold mine at £22)

Mining profits seem back to a great level tho as a couple of coins are showing around £8+ a day on a 1080ti (currently £14+ on a couple but it looks like these prices are due to nice hash being down.)

If you are not mining with your GPU when you are not using it then you really should be.

I also recommend a program called Awesome Miner (free) when setup you can tell it to auto change when a coin is more profitable etc. It takes a little while to setup but IMO it's definitely worth it.

Edited by IranianGiraffe (Wed 06-Dec-17 17:37:51)

Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 06-Dec-17 22:30:09
Print Post

What is the gross per day mate? Want to back calculate the potential leccy bill if I build a 1080ti rig.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(experienced) Wed 06-Dec-17 23:35:25
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

This is the current profit mate although it changes all the time 1080ti if you look far right it says the profit before electric costs and after.

The amounts are currently inflated quite a lot though as Nicehash (who people sell their hashing power use who are too lazy to sell coins themselves) got hacked and so the difficulty of the coins are a lot lower than usual and so the profits are a lot higher than usual (mainly the highest ones).
Apparently, tho one bitcoin account got 4500 bitcoin accounts sent to it which is rumored to be from the nicehash account so they maybe down for a while.
Before the nicehash hack tho I was getting around £4.50 a day before leccy costs on 1 1080ti which will be closer to the normal amount but until the large nice hash miners come back its time to make hay while the sun shines.
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 07-Dec-17 00:32:29
Print Post

Literally can't read that mate, plus it keeps popping up with the new iPhone 8 I've won and need to collect....apparently. laugh
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 07-Dec-17 00:50:16
Print Post

So I've calculated that at approximately 240W, it would cost me 78p per 24 hours, £22.50 per month, in electricity. So approximately £112 per month profit.

Do you know if the bandwidth it consumes is a constant?

Edited by mrnelster (Thu 07-Dec-17 06:38:46)

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Thu 07-Dec-17 05:58:05
Print Post

I made nearly 2k (profit) I feel I should be honest.

Brought 1.2k of bitcoins back in early sept and sold them last night.

This is excluding my revenues from mining.

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4 BQM - IPv6

Edited by Chrysalis (Thu 07-Dec-17 05:58:24)

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Thu 07-Dec-17 06:15:05
Print Post

The problem I have found with switching is you have to bear in mind it can take several days or even weeks to mine enough to make a transaction, so in other words you cant really react to live events with mining, by the time you mined enough to trade/sell the value could be completely different, and if you auto switching you in danger of mining small quantities of lots of different coins which have no value because the quantity isnt high enough to make a transaction.

There is also the problem of finding exchanges that accept the coins you mine, exchanging to a coin that you can trade for USD/GBP as well. Also setting up wallets for them, it can all get very messy and tedious very quickly.

For this reason I did switch back to good old ETH from ZEC in october, even tho ZEC was rated about 10-15% higher on whattomine, its very hard to mine it efficiently (needs high clocks etc. on GPU, whilst ETH can max out at barely half power usage and low temps), and I also had to exchange it ti bitcoin and then send to a second exchange to convert to cash.

However looking at whattomine now things appeared to have gone crazy, ETH has gone up in value, but now something weird has happened, different coins have deviated from ETH's path which didnt happen in the past/ So now we have different coins with massively different profit levels, for a gtx 1070, whattomine claims monacoin is currently 3x as profitable as eth. But what I am also seeing on whattomine is alot of coins are swinging widly in value, way too quick to react to with mining.

e.g. sibcoin is currently 325% of eth value, but the 24h average is only 217% and the 7d average is 47%, thats extremely volatile.

zencash doesnt seem to be doing especially great tho, its raised in value like all the coins but it hasnt sped that far ahead of eth, currently 150% of eth, so about a 30% net gain. The problem been tho I can never hit the claimed mining performance whattoomine uses for its calculations so as such the profits it shows are not achievable for me whilst its ETH's profits are.

Given monacoin has held its value for the past 7 days tho I think thats worth trying providing its reasonably easy to mine as some coins are on this site, but then I find there is no mine or pool for them, or no exchanges that trade them.

Edited by Chrysalis (Thu 07-Dec-17 06:16:10)

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Thu 07-Dec-17 08:26:07
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

I got monacoin running but the pools seem dodgy.

suprnova has a bad rep for under reporting hashrate plus the site keeps timing out on me so skipped it.
asicpool siilar issues to suprnova.
lapool.me which I am running at the moment seemed to initially report the correct hashrate but now shows under half of the hashrate which is obviously no good.

nanopool seems to be the only decent pool out there but they only do limited coins.

never used nicehash.

(experienced) Thu 07-Dec-17 10:15:12
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mrnelster:
So I've calculated that at approximately 240W, it would cost me 78p per 24 hours, £22.50 per month, in electricity. So approximately £112 per month profit.

Do you know if the bandwidth it consumes is a constant?

Personally, I lower my power to around 75% (around 180w) and then bump the overclock and memory (you can do this on the GPU as although you are maxing out the GPU it's not doing it in anything like as stressfull as playing a game does with graphics etc), I lose a small amount of speed doing that but it reduces the heat and stress on GPU a lot and reduces electric bill as well (you would get a better return overall leaving power at 100% but I prefer the above).

Sending the shares uses next to no bandwidth at all that I don't even bother looking at it at all and I have a download limit with my ISP.

The profit can vary a fair bit and as nicehash is down at the moment and a lot of the noob miners used them the profit is currently big on some coins £9 on some of them with 1 1080ti although that will deffo change when the noob miners come back.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | [15] | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to