Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | [17] | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Thu 07-Dec-17 18:03:39
Print Post

Re: Which coins?

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

I would consider bitcoins as that is the only coin that I think is going to be like house prices, a long term trend upwards with occasional dips.

I looked at mona and other coin's histories, they have had spikes over a year ago but then went back to near zero value for about 10 months before spiking again, bitcoin doesnt do that, neither does ETH, but ETH does dip more than bitcoin and is more volatile as well.

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4 BQM - IPv6
Standard User Lt_Swan
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 07-Dec-17 18:08:00
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

Thanks for the quick reply. Any advice on how to buy them?

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Thu 07-Dec-17 18:10:08
Print Post

I brought mine at the cex.io exchange, exchanges are clearly the best places as they have live trading. But they have pretty tight ID verification checks.

You might be able to buy elsewhere but you are likely then to be off track from live prices and maybe with extra markups on top as well.

Edited by Chrysalis (Thu 07-Dec-17 18:11:07)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Lt_Swan
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 07-Dec-17 18:12:05
Print Post

This ?? https://cex.io/

Swanny
cool
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Thu 07-Dec-17 18:14:43
Print Post

yep.

Standard User Lt_Swan
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 07-Dec-17 18:15:05
Print Post

Thanks I'll have a look smile

Swanny
cool
Standard User Lt_Swan
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 07-Dec-17 18:26:30
Print Post

It doesn't like any of my email addresses

Swanny
cool
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Thu 07-Dec-17 18:38:23
Print Post

if you got no private domains to use you can try another exchange, they all quite paranoid tho.

2 forms of address verification, and for ID verification, I had to hold up my passport, whilst keeping my face in the picture at the same time and not covering "any" text on the passport, "and" the text had to be eligible so proper focus etc.

Some also want detailed information on your tax status as well.

Edited by Chrysalis (Thu 07-Dec-17 18:39:35)

Standard User Lt_Swan
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 07-Dec-17 19:18:59
Print Post

Blimey what a fuss that was
Have to go to the bank tomorrow to see what the transaction was. I don't trust online banking smile

Swanny
cool
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Fri 08-Dec-17 08:56:55
Print Post

Re: GPU

[re: IranianGiraffe] [link to this post]

so now I have 0.17 confirmed and 0.06 unconfirmed.

Approx 26 hours of running time is about $2 revenue.

It was a punt but not worked out, think I am going to cut my losses and switch back to ETH on nanopool today.

I see 4 out of the last 5 reported blocks have been poor, not as bad as that block yesterday but still over double the predicted shares to crack.

Nanopool doesnt depend on blocks been cracked to payout it just pays out every 20 mins based on shares delivered so is consistent, whilst this seems poor in comparison.

To trade to and from bitcoin needs at least 0.01 bitcoin, since I cannot convert mona directly to cash, I would need to farm enough to make 0.01 bitcoin, which at this low rate I think is a waste of time so I am just going to write of the last day as a waste.

This is why I think moving away from eth should only be considered if on whattomine is at the very least 150% of eth but probably at least 200%, as the other coins have too many complications and hurdles.

This coin is defenitly easier to mine than ZEC tho, after shifting to the modded ccminer, the performance reported by the mine matched whattomine although the reported hashrate remained down on average on the pool whilst nanopool matches the hashrate reported by the miner so the wahttomine figure is still at least 10% too high to base on real earnings and also assumes the blocks are cracked quickly.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | [17] | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to