Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | [18] | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User IranianGiraffe
(experienced) Fri 08-Dec-17 12:14:56
Print Post

Re: GPU

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

Surely you can just send the Monacoin to an exchange and then sell it for Bitcoin?. Needing to get 0.01 worth in Bitcoin is madness.

Obviously it's completely upto you and for whatever reason Monacoin in this instance didn't work for you but there are still loads of coins offering well over double what ETH is paying out.
I'm not sure what complications and hurdles you mean for other coins, All I've done is basically get mining program, the coin wallet (don't even really need that) and then an account with the relevant exchange.

I've got a Bittrex, CoinsMarket, Cryptopia and Coinexchange account and have no problem sending them the coins and selling for Bitcoin.
Few mins to set up and that's it, sometimes you may get problems with a pool etc but I just find a different one and move on.

Don't just use whattomine front page either they don't show all the algorithms so ones that use Keccak , Xevan don't show up on the front screen, (go into the coins options and then put in these algorithms to bring up coins that use these and then look at the profit they get), There are also a fair few coins (some neoscrypt ones) which because they don't have a price onwhattomine (because not on the exchanges whattomine show) don't show a profit but if you key in the price they are they will also go very high up the list.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Fri 08-Dec-17 19:41:27
Print Post

[re: IranianGiraffe] [link to this post]

Thats what I do, selling for bitcoin has a minimum transaction size.

Its not in their interests I guess to be doing very small transactions worth only a few £.

Its how they pay out tho.

I have read some dodgy stuff about this payout scheme, basically they dont payout on all shares sent, just the recent ones prior to the block completion, so if e.g. you have a poor run of shares just before the block is completed you get a poor pay out regalrdless of total shares mined, there is a tactic some people pull where by they only start mining when they think a block is about to be completed (in affect cheating), nanopool doesnt work this way but instead is much more consistent based on 20 min intervals instead of when a block is completed.

As I said, I think whats on whattomine is misleading it paints an over rosy picture for other coins, it doesnt take into account the type of payout, the difficulty in achieving the hashrates, the cost of exchanging to bitcoin first before cash and other factors.

Also it took a lot of effort for me to get on 2 exchanges, getting on another 4 if they have the same kind of verification requirements for id/income etc then its more hassle. Are you saying you able to use those 4 exchanges without going through a verification process? Cause I needed to on bittrex, and that certainly took more than a few mins, it took about a week in fact.

So which exchange you are on that supports no min transaction size to get monacoin to cash (via bitcoin if needed) and can send cash to a visa card?

After another 12 hours so approx 36 hours now, I have 0.26 confirmed and 0.06 unconfirmed.

Is that twice as profitable as eth for 2 1070s?

If I was getting even say 80% of whattomine figures I should have now about 1.3 or more coins.

Seems nanopool cant be beat smile https://www.reddit.com/r/EtherMining/comments/6oiet1...
https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/14618/suprnova...

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4 BQM - IPv6

Edited by Chrysalis (Fri 08-Dec-17 20:11:57)

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Fri 08-Dec-17 20:02:43
Print Post

You can give me a pool and coin to mine, and I will try it, to see if it can beat x2 ETH revenue smile

The only requirements I ask is the pool does not use PPLNS, and its a coin I can send directly to exchange so I dont need to bother with a wallet either.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(experienced) Fri 08-Dec-17 23:46:46
Print Post

CoinsMarket, Coinexchange and Cryptopia I've never sent in any verification at all. I sell the coins to which ever exchange the coin is on and then send the bitcoin to my bitcoin card, Literally just opened an account and soldl the coins, You may well have to verify if you want the cash from the exchange but you wont need to do that as you can already do that.

Monacoin I used the autoexchange from miningpoolhub to exchange it. When you say a minimum transaction size are you talking about from Monacoin to bitcoin or say Monacoin to cash or Bitcoin to cash as I've never had any limit selling coins to bitcoin. I've even sold just 1 coin that's worth less than £ before.
I've not really mined Monacoin tho as it's not the most profitable coin for a 1080ti.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Sat 09-Dec-17 10:45:32
Print Post

It seems to have improved now, 14 hours ago was 0.29

now its 0.58, so another 0.29 in 14 hours and whattoomine has it at about 0.5 coins per day.

The 5 most recent blocks have been done in under the estimated amount of time, so I think this is for sure dependent on block speed which is luck based.

The min size I am talking about from bitcoin to eth or cash, it also applied when I did from zec to bitcoin. The bitcoin to eth/cash was done on cex the zec to bitcoin was done on bittrex. I think it was 0.01 not 0.1 sorry as 0.1 is a lot of value. Bittrex I am not sending to cash or withdrawing to a bank, but I do remember I had to verify to do what I wanted on bittrex. I will check the other 3 exchanges as it sounds like they less strict than bittrex and cex for this purpose.

(experienced) Sat 09-Dec-17 14:16:19
Print Post

Ah ok that makes more sense I thought 0.1 bitcoin was way too much .
TBH I've only got the other exchanges for the smaller coins that I mine, although I do mine the smller coins the vaste majority of the time (don't remember the last time I used Bittrex)
0.29 in 14hrs is 0.497 over 24hrs so pretty much spot on with whattomine.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Sun 10-Dec-17 15:15:11
Print Post

bittrex have unverified me for no reason.

So I have lost basic verification which took a LOT of hassle to complete.

Note this quote that without any verification BTC cannot be sent anywhere.

Please check below to see what limit your account falls under.
New/Unverified Accounts: Unverified accounts have a 0 BTC withdrawal limit.
Basic Accounts: Basic accounts can currently withdrawal .4 (or equivalent) BTC per day. This number is configured to be approximately $3000 per day and will periodically change to further align with that target.
Enhanced Accounts: 100 (or equivalent) BTC per day with two-factor enabled

They now saying I have to get enhanced or stay unverified.

Are you sure you cable to send BTC away from bittrex without verification?

--edit--

A bug on their website, summary page shows me as still verified.

Edited by Chrysalis (Sun 10-Dec-17 16:08:01)

(experienced) Sun 10-Dec-17 16:24:37
Print Post

I know you say you are verified and it was a bug but if you were not then an easy way around of it would be to buy something like Litecoin and send it somewhere else and then exchange the Litecoin to BTC.
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 10-Dec-17 19:45:37
Print Post

Hey Willy. wink

What's the 1080 like for mining and what coins would you recommend?
Standard User Lt_Swan
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 11-Dec-17 00:28:02
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

I can get myself approved with a broker. They are all overwhelmed with applications

Word of caution, read the comments https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/coinbase.com

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool
Pages in this thread: << 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | [18] | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to