Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | [19] | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 11-Dec-17 07:07:41
Print Post

Re: GPU

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Lt_Swan:
I can get myself approved with a broker. They are all overwhelmed with applications

Word of caution, read the comments https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/coinbase.com
Thanks, good shout mate. frown
Standard User IranianGiraffe
(experienced) Mon 11-Dec-17 15:15:06
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Profit per day for a 1080 is 2nd only to a 1080ti so they are good for mining, The only thing it isn't good at mining is Ethereum and even if it matched others at mining that ETH wouldn't even make the top 10 coin to mine profit wise anyway. All these sites who say it's not good are mainly looking at ETH and Zcash because the 1070 was either better (ETH) or slightly lower (but card cost less) so people dismissed the 1080.
I've got 3 1080s and 2 1080ti so I know how well the 1080 mines.

If you check the whattomine site it generally tells you what's the best coins to mine at the time or 24hrs.
If you can find a coin that isn't listed on the main page like ZCOIN (not Zcash) tho you can find even better profits as a lot of people use whattomine to check whats the best profit not realizing that there are more profitable coins out there if you look around.

Last time I checked a few months ago 1070/1080/1080ti had pretty much the same ROI time wise (think a 1070 was 10 days quicker at completely paying back).

Currently, a 1080ti has only 4 days slower at ROI than a 1080 at around 145days but as they constantly mine faster I'd get a 1080ti over a 1080 as it pays for itself in pretty much the same time but is a vastly superior card so personally I'd get the best possible card you can for the money you are happy to spend as the money comes back in pretty much the same time frame and then after that you have constantly more profit.
The 1070 is decent for mining as well but for gaming as well which I believe you wanted to do I'd deffo pick the other 2 first.
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 11-Dec-17 19:25:40
Print Post

[re: IranianGiraffe] [link to this post]

Cheers Willy

I am tempted to get a 1080 Ti then, as I have a 4k screen and will get a more consistent 60fps with the Ti. Which brand of Ti did you pick up?

Thanks for all the first hand advice. wink

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(experienced) Mon 11-Dec-17 22:20:16
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

I've got a GIGABYTE AORUS GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme 11Gb because at the time it was on offer and if you register online you get 4 years warranty. (It's fricking huge tho and takes up 3 slots).
The other 1080ti is either a EVGA or MSI I forget now.

I've heard people say the Gigabyte can suffer from coil whine (well apparantly a lot of the 1080ti makes do but more so Gigabyte) but I've not heard anything from mine at all, Maybe because mine is the more expensive one (well now when I got it the price was the same).
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Tue 12-Dec-17 11:00:48
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

yep its a ***** to get verified, cex is the only one that did it for me in a timely manner, they have one of the highest fees but their service reflects that.

bittrex took 2 weeks, coinbase I think I tried on both the app and website and its just broken so gave up on it (might have been another exchange not 100% sure it was coinbase).

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4 BQM - IPv6
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Tue 12-Dec-17 11:03:38
Print Post

mona is still going ok, of course whattomine has overestimated its performance (like all the other non ETH coins) but I am now hitting I think about 85-90% of projected performance which is still higher than ETH,

Actually I dont think I am hitting 85-90%.

whattomine claims 0.5 coins possible a day, and I set my withdrawal amount to 1 coin.

It sent out a coin on the 10th october.
Today is the 12th and I currently have with my last and only full coin withdrawn almost exactly 48 hours earlier a balance of 0.79 including unconfirmed coins, but whatttomine claims of 0.5 coins a day should have me at another full coin now So performance is actually nearer 75% of whattomine projects. In fact I think its less than 75% as it wont send until the coin is all confirmed, the confirmed balance is 0.63, so whattomine is over projecting by 37% ouch. Given mona is currently rated as 125%, it means right now I am making less money mining mona than eth.

On average I am getting credited about 0.025 coins every hour or so, but because it relies on luck, sometimes there is large gaps like a 6 hour gap between credits for bad blocks. Nanopool doesnt slow down its payments if there is a bad block, the block performance is just disregarded. They pay on shares per 20 minutes, whilst all the mona pools pay on last N shares per block.

So basically for mona to even match ETH profits whattomine needs to project a 137% profit ratio. this is the point I have been trying to make, its not a true picture. If whatttomine projects 100% for mona, then it will actually pay out less than ETH.

Someone pointed out to me today to look at vivo which I see is at 240%, probably a temporary spike, but I guess if I can sell of small quantities to bitcoin whilst it is spiking it might be worthwhile, I can confirm I was able to sell my 1 coin of mona to bitcoin on bittrex. But I wont be able to convert that bitcoin to cash until I hit 0.01 bitcoin. I dont think I can even send it to another exchange/wallet under 0.01 bitcoin either, so if I sell coins on another exchange and they have similar limits I have a problem.

So as a quick calculation at say 13-14usd value per coin.

I make 1 coin per 3 days (not 2 days as whattoomine claims), thats 10 x 13.50usd a 135usd revenue from monacoin.
Right now nanopool estimates 146 usd a month for 2 gpu's because eth has gone up in value last 4 hours, I think if we assume thats a spike it will go down again to about 132usd.

ZEC was really hard to mine, the algorithm sucks, but it was using nanopool so its payouts were ok.

I will check if bittrezx accepts vivo, if no I will try to get on another exchange, and switch to vivo when I get my next full mona coin sent out, probably another 24 hours.

Edited by Chrysalis (Tue 12-Dec-17 11:43:56)

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Tue 12-Dec-17 11:53:56
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

confirmed it was coinbase, just logged in and still unverified, and still an error when uploading photo. Joke of an exchange to be honest. Plus it supports only 3 coins as well I think, not worth the effort.

Going to register now on cryptopia for VIVO.

Edited by Chrysalis (Tue 12-Dec-17 11:54:09)

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Tue 12-Dec-17 12:08:32
Print Post

I am on cryptopia now, seems unusual they dont have a verification system, first exchange I have seen like that.

I remembered you said you mine direct to exchanges, does this include cryptopia? I dont want to use yet another offline wallet, downloading a block etc.

They have this message.

WARNING! Please do not mine directly to your Cryptopia addresses, We do not support generated transactions from pools like P2Pool etc.

Edited by Chrysalis (Tue 12-Dec-17 12:08:59)

Standard User Lt_Swan
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 12-Dec-17 13:38:05
Print Post

I'm trying to register with etoro but sent in a picture of my gas bill that was too old. Didn't have my glasses on and didn't check the date properly :/
So now I have to wait for them to refuse then try again Grrr

LTC was 100 the other day now it's almost 300

330 now

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool

Edited by Lt_Swan (Tue 12-Dec-17 14:09:59)

(experienced) Tue 12-Dec-17 17:24:42
Print Post

Coinbase is horrible, Even after sending multiple items multiple times I gave up after a couple of months as they still hadn't verified me.
Pages in this thread: << 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | [19] | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to