Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | [20] | 21 | 22 | 23 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User IranianGiraffe
(experienced) Tue 12-Dec-17 17:28:40
Print Post

Re: GPU

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

I actually don't mine directly to exchanges I just know many people who do and have no issues when they mine on say Suprnova and then have autopayout at 2 or more etc depending on coin even to places like Cryptopia, I think the issue maybe if the pool you are using sends you like 0.002 of a coin to the exchange every hour like some do.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Tue 12-Dec-17 17:38:16
Print Post

[re: IranianGiraffe] [link to this post]

I been trying to find out how android wallets work, as I find it hard to believe android wallets are like windows wallets downloading several gigs of a blockchain.

I think they are online wallets with the app just a frontend. So I will use the android wallet for VIVO.

The windows wallets I consider the most risky against what guides claim, your hdd fails and bam its gone.

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4 BQM - IPv6
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Tue 12-Dec-17 17:38:56
Print Post

In reply to a post by IranianGiraffe:
I actually don't mine directly to exchanges I just know many people who do and have no issues when they mine on say Suprnova and then have autopayout at 2 or more etc depending on coin even to places like Cryptopia, I think the issue maybe if the pool you are using sends you like 0.002 of a coin to the exchange every hour like some do.

So i guess if you raise the min amount so it sends not too regularly they wont notice.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(experienced) Tue 12-Dec-17 17:51:02
Print Post

In reply to a post by Chrysalis:
I been trying to find out how android wallets work, as I find it hard to believe android wallets are like windows wallets downloading several gigs of a blockchain.

I think they are online wallets with the app just a frontend. So I will use the android wallet for VIVO.

The windows wallets I consider the most risky against what guides claim, your hdd fails and bam its gone.

you should always backup the wallet.dat file in multiple places like a USB stick etc then it's fine.
(experienced) Tue 12-Dec-17 18:31:37
Print Post

Whattomine is based purely on estimates of future difficulty so will very rarely be what they say as people will change to the most profitable coin and so difficulty goes up so less coins and less profit.

Also as I've previously said the 1070 does give a decent return especially when using ETH and although it does OK at mining other coins the 1080 and 1080ti are much better at mining the alt coins and so you can get a much better wider range of being able to make a larger profit, For instance a 1080 is close to 15% better at mining Equihash than a 1070 so when Bitcoin Gold etc is a high profit earner it's $1.15 a day higher than a 1070.
Again it's not so much that a 1070 isnt a good miner as clearly it is but it's just a couple of trick pony and you can only stick to a few coins, The other 2 can do a larger range especially the 1080ti as that does them all well.
It's funny when I see people on mining sites etc claim don't get a 1080 it's horrible for mining etc they are only looking at ETH etc and that's wrong you need to look at all the coins, the ROI on the 1070,1080, 1080ti are all very similar but the thing is when you've paid the card off then the 1080ti gives you more profit each day and it's worth more to sell on.
This isn't a dig at you in anyway I'm just pointing out that it looks like it's harder for you to make a larger profit on the altcoins as the 1070 isn't amazing at mining them so for example if Monacoin isn't paying out as much (current difficulty is 0.45 a day for 2 cards) then it'd not really an improvement where as a 1080 can do a Equihash coin no problem for a nice boost.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Wed 13-Dec-17 00:18:27
Print Post

I agree on the situation with the different cards.

1070 shines on eth due to its gddr5, but the gddr5x isnt so good, hence the 1080 suffering, but of course the extra cuda cores on the 1080 and 1080ti help them on other coins. so for those 2 cards other coins are definitely better than eth at a comfortable margin.

vivo spike has already ended, so even on whattomine now for the 1070 all the altcoins look poor. So I think I am gonna just go back to eth after I trade this monacoin, but the 2 coins I think I am stuck with as I they too low value to cash out.

But looking at the 1080 the altcoins are about 30% stronger than on the 1070. Whilst at the same eth is about 20% weaker than on the 1070. So the gap is a chasm rather than a crack. Even if you take into account the pool issues with last N shares of block etc. the alt coins will be better on a 1080 than a 1070, so I am not disagreeing with you on that.

A 1070ti in theory has the best of both worlds over a 1080 as it only has slightly less cores than a 1080 and still has gddr 5 memory, so good at eth and altcoins, but of course will still suffer compared to a 1080ti on alt coins.

Regarding the bitcoin problem, when bitcoin dips again I will probably buy some more, I will then send it to bittrex, merge it with the small balance and then send it all back to cex so it can be sold at a later date after another growrth spurt..

Edited by Chrysalis (Wed 13-Dec-17 00:33:16)

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Wed 13-Dec-17 20:37:11
Print Post

nanopool estimating 190 usd for 2 gpus, blowing mona out the water. gutted I wasted a few days on mona with this eth value but [censored] happens, win some and lose some.

Edited by Chrysalis (Wed 13-Dec-17 20:37:57)

(experienced) Wed 13-Dec-17 22:23:56
Print Post

It will be estimating that much now because of the big increase in the other main alts, over a day or 2 missed it wont be much tho especially as Monacoin went backup to £10 from £8.
Ethereum, Zcash, Monero and especially Litecoin and Dash have gone up crazy recently.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Thu 14-Dec-17 01:46:15
Print Post

Very approximated earnings

Period ETH BTC USD
Minute 0.00000 0.000000 0.005
Hour 0.00041 0.000018 0.300
Day 0.00994 0.000443 7.202
Week 0.06961 0.003106 50.417
Month 0.29833 0.013311 216.074

Nothing to do with value of alt coins, only the value of ETH and share count affects the earnings.

I hope you have read and understood what I explained about the horrible last N shares per block system of most alt coins. Thats the prime reason for what I have been saying with the disappointing alt coin results.

Those figures are for a 6 hour average of 64mH (nanopool estimates are based on previous 6 hour average), so the average will be a bit lower over the month as the hash rate is 60mH. (yes nanopool also actually reports hash rates around what the miner reports, great eh smile )

This is versus 1 monacoin every 3 days worth 15usd, so 150usd for monacoin for a month.

Obviously if ETH dips actual earnings will be lower I am aware. But other coins will drop as well. ETH would need to drop by about 40% more than other coins to be a loser on a 1070 smile

Edited by Chrysalis (Thu 14-Dec-17 01:52:12)

(experienced) Thu 14-Dec-17 13:43:46
Print Post

Yeah I fully get what you mean, My point was at the time you were mining Monacoin ETH wasn't estimated at anything close to 216, ETH could of easily just gone down instead and then Monacoin would of been way better, It's just the luck of the draw which side you are on and over 1 or 2 days with just a couple GPU the difference is minimal at best.

The places I mine all use PPLNS which is what nanopool use.

I fully agree for you ETH is better at the moment let's just hope the prices stay high for a while although when the Nicehash guys come back expect quite a big drop across the board everywhere as it's a lot of hashing power.
Pages in this thread: << 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | [20] | 21 | 22 | 23 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to