Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | [22] | 23 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Thu 21-Dec-17 20:55:01
Print Post

Re: GPU

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

the GPU market remains stupid.

I was expecting my 1070 minis to lose value post 1070ti launch, they have actually gone up in value.

I brought them for £350 each 6 months ago.
Now they £400 and a 1070ti is £450.
gtx 1080s close to £600

madness

I dread to think what volta prices will be like.

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4 BQM - IPv6
Standard User IranianGiraffe
(experienced) Thu 21-Dec-17 23:11:18
Print Post

Where you buying your cards from, 1080s are around £500 on Amazon.

I do agree on the prices though but when the cards ROI is super quick as it currently is it kinda makes sense, 5months of mining and you basically have a free GPU (based on the profit of the 12th most profitable coin at the mo)

Well the Titan V (although the gaming cards don't have quite such specs it should be similar when the 1080ti cane out it was very close to their upper-end relevant model before it came out) was mining around 1/3rd more than a 1080ti with only 140watts and it mined Ethereum at 77Mh/s at only 100watts, So they are definitely going to be wanted by miners providing the mining doesn't implode, I'm hoping there hasn't been a mad rush to buy more recently with the increased prices with NiceHash going down etc as when thats fully up and running again we deffo dont want a shed load more GPU on the market bringing the profit right down.
(experienced) Fri 22-Dec-17 14:41:17
Print Post

[re: IranianGiraffe] [link to this post]

I hope everyone sold there Bitcoin recently, That's quite a end of year fall.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Fri 22-Dec-17 23:01:17
Print Post

not buying from anywhere lately, but I had a look at ocuk as someone told me they were considering get some for mining.

just had another look and they seem to have gone down in price again now.

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Fri 22-Dec-17 23:04:13
Print Post

it was always going to correct, is this down to nicehash tho or just a market correction, does nicehash even mine bitcoin coins?

If it drops another 30% or so then I will buy another batch.

(experienced) Sat 23-Dec-17 12:19:59
Print Post

Nicehash is just a place which buys and sells hashing power for people for most algorithms, Basically they are just brokers/matchmakers.

So say I want to buy 1GB worth of hashing power of neoscrypt, I pay them in bitcoins and then if it's the most profitable then people who are using Nicehash software their GPU will change to neoscrypt and will mine and Nicehash will pay them in bitcoin and I get my neoscrypt and Nicehash take a cut from what I Paid to what they pay the miners (apparently rumoured at around 10%.)

I think it's a combo of a few things regarding the drop in price. Definitely market correction as the so-called 'crash' price that sites are reporting is still higher than Bitcoin was a month ago, Nicehash have paid out that day tho and with the amount people lost before I think a fair few would of sold this time to make sure they got some money.

A lot of investors also will have sold before the holidays as they will be away (happens every end of year).

My guess is it will continue it's upward trend overall but I really don't know and personally wont be using any of my money in it but I'll probably leave some of my mining profit on it.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Sat 23-Dec-17 22:35:37
Print Post

hmm just got this from CEX, is currently closed now to new signups. Currently I got just over 400USD in there, mostly from that 0.4 ETH I sold, currently nanopool is at 0.099 ETH so another 0,1 ETH soon to be put there, then I am gonna empty my balance out as soon as possible given their delays etc.

CEX.IO Status Update
In 2013, we have started CEX.IO with the mission to enable as many people as possible to participate in cryptocurrency markets.
Making it easier and simpler for anyone to derive the value from the growing ecosystem was the major driver for all the business decisions we have made. Yet, maintaining the best industry standards to build trust with our users was the principle we have always upheld as our highest priority.
As 2017 has shown explosive growth of interest to cryptocurrencies, we have been an exchange of choice for many of those who are just joining the market. Our user base grew 200% this year.
In November alone, the number of registrations was 9 times higher compared to November 2016. During the first 20 days of December 2017, more than 300,000 people became our customers. We’ve been excited by this growth and also humbled by the loyalty of our existing users.
The inflow of registrations, however, has put additional pressures on our support and verification teams. To maintain security that has earned CEX.IO the reputation of the trusted exchange, we choose to stick to our strict AML and KYC policies, even if it comes at the expense of on-boarding speed.
We believe that keeping our principles intact while improving internal processes is the best long-term strategy.
In this light, there are some matters we would like to clarify and commitments we want to restate to our users.
Delays in withdrawal processing
Temporary suspension of Visa withdrawals has caused an influx of withdrawals via alternative methods. That resulted in additional delays and some need for selective manual transaction processing. Our team is focused on fixing the technical issues with Visa and clearing the backlog. Please note that our relationships with Visa and MasterCard remain intact.
Delays in verification processing
As we stated above, the flood of new registrations has congested our verification function. Our KYC and AML procedures impose a certain amount of time required for each registration to process. Going below this time would be an equivalent to stepping away from our commitment to best industry standards. Hence, instead, we choose to temporary pause new registrations and allocate extra efforts and resources to processing the current queue.
Our security and liquidity
There have been some speculations that our security may have been compromised or we may be experiencing liquidity issues. None of these claims are true. Both our technical security and our financial position are continuously monitored and remain solid.
Note that we are not alone experiencing delays and technical glitches in this time of accelerated growth. Many of our counterparts in the industry have been in the same boat and have taken measures varying from halting registrations to even going dark for some periods of time. We are working non-stop on shortening the delays and improving the processes so that our clients can continue using our services uninterrupted.
Going forward
We are honored to have earned the trust of our clients, and we are committed to maintaining this trust. We recognize that, for a moment, the size of our support and verification teams was not adequate to respond to the increased demand for our services. We are now adding more resources and doubling the size of these teams. Rest assured, every ticket will get processed and resolved.
We will be providing frequent status updates via Twitter and Facebook.
Thank you for your trust, loyalty, and support. It means a lot to us, and we are committed to providing the best services to our clients.
With gratitude,
CEX.io team

Edited by Chrysalis (Sat 23-Dec-17 22:41:30)

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Sun 24-Dec-17 13:35:23
Print Post

and now its down for "maintenance" ?

weird, wish I withdrawn last night now.

--edit--

Is back up now and was blessing in disguise as eth went up by 50USD in value from earlier so got a bit more for the 0.1 I just sold.

Edited by Chrysalis (Sun 24-Dec-17 16:26:02)

(experienced) Sat 06-Jan-18 23:08:56
Print Post

In reply to a post by IranianGiraffe:
Personally think people are in love with "Masternode" coins at the moment.

Was mining Solaris coin before it switched algorithm to allow for master nodes when it was 20p ish a coin, It's now around 68p a coin (although did hit £1)
I managed to mine around 350 of them and then purchased the remaining 650 or so for £175 so I've got a masternode setup and running myself as I was quite confident it was going to go up in price with the returns from the masternodes .

Smartcash (4p each) and Zencash (£8 each) could well be ones to keep an eye on (both have a nice mining return at the moment, The prices mentioned have already gone up a fair bit in the last few days but people haven't even seen the returns yet so they could go up even more.
Zencash has secure nodes coming in and if the returns are as they look then the ROI is going to be crazy good and can deffo see the price going up with people buying them up.
Smartcash are giving a % of the blocks mined to people holding over 1000 coins and not selling any every month as well so I can see people buying a few of them as well, This is in no way financial advise just something I will look for as like I said they are already profitable to mine so may well just hold on mine for a little bit to see if the above may happen.

Just a quick update here on some of the coins I mentioned in October that I thought people may well fall in love with.

Zencash was £8 and is now £37, Smartcash was 4p now 36p and my personal favorite and the reason I'm updating this thread Solaris was 68p now £30 (has hit higher), I mentioned I had a master node of that coin and it was basically giving me 2 coins daily just for holding onto 1000 of the coins, Well I've finally decided to sell the masternode as if the coin tanks I'll never be able to forgive myself for not taking the profit.

My main reason for updating though is I'm going to go a little bit nuts with my new build after my nice profit, Not completely decided on it yet but going to go for either a Ryzen 1800x or Threadripper 1950x (don't need all that power but I use the computer to work with so anything is good and I can use half of it to mine at the same time , I'm going to water cool it myself as well and have at least 2 x 1080ti in there and if I can get another one to fit I will put in a 3rd.
I was tempted to wait for the new Volta cards to be released as they look like they could do around 1/3rd more than a 1080ti but I'm going to be building a few more mining PC's anyway so I could esaily just remove them out of the one main PC and put them in another mining PC instead.
Mining with 5 cards sure does put the electricity bill higher, Then again the heating in the room it's in is never on as it makes it nice and toasty in there.
Standard User astateoftrance
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 06-Jan-18 23:30:23
Print Post

So are you saying you have got £30k+ from Solaris?!

Not getting into cryptocurrencies has been a big regret having been a pc builder/gamer since the 90's, feel I should have been on the ball and got into it at the beginning. Oh well.
Pages in this thread: << 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | [22] | 23 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to