Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User astateoftrance
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 04-May-17 21:59:16
Print Post

Re: GPU

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

So far I'm happy and it's great to get back to playing some games on the PC smile If I had gone for a 1060 it would be a 6gb version which were starting at £214, so a even bigger increase.

Hadn't heard about EVGA step up so glad you mentioned that, seems it has to be within 90 days of purchased but thats still decent.
Standard User jorkila
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 08-May-17 08:17:07
Print Post

I went for the MSI Gaming X version based on reviews, should be here tomorrow laugh
Standard User jorkila
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 10-May-17 19:53:53
Print Post

[re: jorkila] [link to this post]

Beautiful card, phased by nothing so far @1080p, will most likely upgrade to a 1440p monitor in the near future! In the meantime I'm going to put it on my 4k tv and see what it can do!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(fountain of knowledge) Thu 11-May-17 20:26:22
Print Post

[re: jorkila] [link to this post]

Very nice smile
Standard User IranianGiraffe
(committed) Thu 11-May-17 21:16:35
Print Post

[re: astateoftrance] [link to this post]

I'm waiting on Vega before I build my new PC, I've got an ultra wide freesync monitor so need an AMD card as I'm not paying the premium that the relevant G-sync monitor costs along with the card. Vega cards should be at least around the 1080s which will do for a few years for me, Saying that I then need a water block for it as I'm going to custom water cool my PC so hopefully it won't take too long after Vega comes out for the water blocks to arrive.
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 13-May-17 11:09:12
Print Post

[re: IranianGiraffe] [link to this post]

That makes sense.. be interested to hear what you go for when you build it smile
(committed) Wed 05-Jul-17 13:23:01
Print Post

Just out of interest here does anyone do GPU mining with their GPU?.
I see the reason why the 480s etc didn't come down in price was that all of the AMDs top cards were in demand for GPU mining and still are. (although that's likely to change very shortly)

The profit has fallen a fair bit recently but it's still pretty good, I've currently got 2x1080 and 1x 1080ti in my system but I get about £10 or so a day from them.

Currently got around £450 from them in under a month so even if the GPU mining dies out I can easily sell the cards off and end up in profit. (so if anyone wants a cheaper 1080 if GPU mining crashes let me know lol)
I work from home so my PC is nearly always on and even then it rarely uses the GPU so setting it up to mine while my PC is on anyway just gets me money for nothing.

If you have a half decent GPU tho it's definitely worth looking into as depending on what it is it could pay some costs back.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Wed 05-Jul-17 15:00:10
Print Post

mining generates cash? O_o

please provide tips thanks, I found this but not sure if its useful

http://www.coindesk.com/information/how-to-set-up-a-...

since my pc is on 24/7 I will accept free money.

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4 BQM - IPv6

Edited by Chrysalis (Wed 05-Jul-17 15:02:10)

(fountain of knowledge) Wed 05-Jul-17 22:08:57
Print Post

Interesting, I knew there used to be money it mining bitcoin before but that it was not viable now from what I have read.

Have you deducted electric costs from that ?
(committed) Wed 05-Jul-17 22:44:43
Print Post

By far and away the easiest way of making cash is via Nicehash but it's not the most profitable as your basically paying them for making it easy for you.

https://new.nicehash.com/profitability-calculator

That link gives a rough idea of the returns you can make with your card.

https://new.nicehash.com/cpu-gpu-mining

If you download the program from the link above and run the benchmarks it will work out what the best thing to mine for you is and automatically do it.

You just need to setup a bitcoin wallet from somewhere else (just google bitcoin wallet and it will bring up a load you can select from like coinbase/jaxx etc), Then put that wallets address in the wallet section of the program and away you go.

All cards mine different things at a different rate though so not all cards are worth doing and depending on your card you want to change the settings on it as well (my 1080 cards, for instance, I under power to 66% and bump the memory up.

Then when you've earned enough money for them to send it (think its around £18) they will send it to your bitcoin address and then you can sell the bitcoin for cold hard cash or keep it and sell it at a later date.

Regarding your link it's not worth mining Bitcoin with a GPU it would now take too long you are better off mining other coins/things (AMD cards with generally mine Ethereum for instance) like I said Nicehash make it easy for you and you basically mine the Ethereum and they will pay you in Bitcoin for it and because of that you won't earn as much as you could if you mined it yourself and then exchanged it for bitcoin and then sold it.

It maxes out your GPU tho so when running it you won't be able to play any games on it (browsing etc is fine) you also may want to check your temperature on card etc because of this. Like I said tho you can generally lower the power and increase the memory and it will run cooler and use less power than running it at 100%.

Personally my 1080 near my CPU gets to around 70c, 1080ti gets to 61c and the 1080 on the outside of my case around 55c. The 380x I did have tho used to hit 80c unless I bumped up the fan speeds.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to