Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User IranianGiraffe
(committed) Sat 08-Jul-17 12:22:43
Print Post

Re: GPU

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

Not sure what you mean about rewards are halved for Bitcoin.
(you are not mining Bitcoin anyway so only the price of Bitcoin should affect you).

As I said before the difficulty of the mining is made harder when it gets mined more (it also is made easier when fewer people mine it).

The difficulty and the price are the main things that will affect the profitability of mining.

This is definitely the tail end of a boom period, There is still money to be made but it's not as much as it was, People are still scrambling to buy Nvidia cards and they are going out of stock in a lot of places now so rigs are still being built.
All these extra people are going to bring the profits down to nowt IMO, The only saving grace at the moment is a lot of people just use Nicehash so tend to be limited to the big few like Ethereum, Zcash etc some of the most profitable ones are the smaller coins if you can mine them yourself and sell them before the difficulty gets too high.
Skein had an enormous profit a few weeks/month ago but a lot of people caught on and the profits went right down.

A fair bit of the profit going down is due to the price of Ethereum and Zcash as well , a month or so ago they were close to $400 each after a massive boom of their prices, It's since gone to close to half that, So mining 1 of them is worth close to half what it was a month ago.

Edited by IranianGiraffe (Sat 08-Jul-17 12:29:05)

Standard User Lt_Swan
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 08-Jul-17 14:32:11
Print Post

[re: jorkila] [link to this post]

Is this the Manic Miners thread?

tongue

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool
Standard User MrTAToad2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 08-Jul-17 15:02:13
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

Didn't really like that sort of game...

Now with Vodafone
Twitter
YouTube

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User astateoftrance
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 08-Jul-17 18:02:14
Print Post

[re: IranianGiraffe] [link to this post]

Shame I didn't know about this before when building my PC, I could have gone higher end if I knew I could essentially pay for it by mining. Feels like it's too late to get in on it now frown
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Sun 09-Jul-17 17:40:02
Print Post

what is "some of the smaller coins" ? smile

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4 BQM - IPv6
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Sun 09-Jul-17 17:40:47
Print Post

not yet no, and now my broadband is down so will probably wait for that to be fixed.

Standard User IranianGiraffe
(committed) Sun 09-Jul-17 18:59:53
Print Post

Monacoin, Diamond, Skein, Feathercoin, Sibcoin to name just a few.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Mon 21-Aug-17 06:36:35
Print Post

still not got round to it, ideally I need to know simply the one you use instead of giving me a list. AsI assume you using the most profitable. If its like hash cracking then I will cap my card to 50% TDP limit, as I found is 90% performance for lot less heat and power.

Interesting data here

http://wccftech.com/ethereum-mining-gpu-performance-...

Seems gddr5x is slower than gddr5 for crypto performance.

My 1070 only a bit slower than the new rx vega 64 which is impressive.

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Mon 21-Aug-17 06:47:36
Print Post

mate am really lost here.

found this site, but it doesnt say how to register an account

https://ethermine.org/

Can you do a step by step for dummies like me?

How to sign up
What software to use
What boxes to tick in software, configuring etc.
How to get paid etc.

Thanks

currently downloading mist browser which it says is needed to register on exchange and its downloading blocks at a very slow speed, I may check back in at christmas when its done wink

Hopefully you can help me, and I will check back to see if is a guide thanks smile

Edited by Chrysalis (Mon 21-Aug-17 07:02:52)

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Mon 21-Aug-17 07:39:28
Print Post

followed this reddit guide.

https://www.reddit.com/r/EtherMining/comments/6hkfp0...

But when I run the start batch file, it just quits, nothing working the gpu.

ok I had to exclude the exe in HMPA and it starts.

With my GPU at 50% power limit I am hitting 28Mh/s , gpu temps at high 40s, lower than when I was hash cracking with it.

The first startup made pc laggy so I added -ethi 0 switch to batch file and that issue is fixed.

So I am using a online wallet which I hope is ok, didnt really register on an exchange I just followed that reddit guide. So I still have no idea what to do with the stuff I mine when it gets deposited.

Edited by Chrysalis (Mon 21-Aug-17 07:58:47)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to