Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Mon 21-Aug-17 10:38:09
Print Post

Re: GPU

[re: jorkila] [link to this post]

how long should it take?

I been running now for an hour or 2.

Accepting shares in command log, rejected always 0 so all seems good.

Except if I check on the nanopool website all i see is 0's for all the stats.

ok its updating now, and has data since 8am.

Its looking like I am averaging about 30 Mh/s for about 70 watts power draw (got data from UPS for power draw), Estimated earnings for month 70usd for one gtx 1070 at throttled power usage, seems not bad.

I am sitting here thinking now knowing its going to get harder, but also that I can resell hardware I buy for mining with maybe 10-20% loss or so when selling it. So the earnings would just need to cover that loss and rest be profit. So now find myself analysing the value in pumping up my compute power.

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4 BQM - IPv6

Edited by Chrysalis (Mon 21-Aug-17 11:30:31)

Standard User jorkila
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 21-Aug-17 12:07:28
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

You should be able to get in the low 30's with your 1070, I have +400 on my memory an 50% power and hitting 31-32 MH/s.

Ethereum is in a good place at the minute but you need to mine 24/7 to make any money with one card so if you plan on gaming it's a waste of time and money really!!!

I send the Eth from my wallet to gdax.com then convert to bitcoin and sell at bittylicious.
I'm currently getting about £12 a week from it.

Edited by jorkila (Mon 21-Aug-17 12:09:53)

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Mon 21-Aug-17 17:31:51
Print Post

I game but nowhere near 24/7. In the past month e.g. my PC has done no gaming, so if the next month is the same it will be 24/7 mining.

I am considering buying another 1070 to put in my other machine, as the finances shouldnt assume you have to pay back the full value of the card, as much of that value is reclaimed when selling the card.

1080s are better bang for buck for gaming, but gddr5x seems to heart mining, making the 1070 better than a 1080, I assume a 1080ti beats a 1070 tho.

My memory is overclocked already, I also am not bothered if I get 30 instead of 32, its tiny. The 6 hour reading has now settled at about 28. Most reading I have done considers 30 respectable for a 1070 card, I have this card at 50% power limit, clock speed is around 1700mhz whilst mining on the gpu.

Thanks for the extra info on how you convert to cash.

Are you also using an online wallet? Is information claiming its high risk.

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4 BQM - IPv6

Edited by Chrysalis (Mon 21-Aug-17 17:35:31)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jorkila
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 21-Aug-17 20:15:26
Print Post

Yeah I use Mist.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Mon 21-Aug-17 20:31:26
Print Post

mist is offline as far as I know, the reason it was taking up so long is it apparently downloads 40+ gig of data so I aborted it.

I guess you followed a different guide then. smile

Standard User IranianGiraffe
(committed) Mon 21-Aug-17 22:31:06
Print Post

The 1080 are bad for mining some things but they are decent for others, The return on investment between a 1070 and 1080 is pretty much exactly the same if you mine the most profitable coin for each card at the time.
I've got 3 1080 and 2 1080ti and they've almost paid off 2 1080 in the 2 months I've been doing it.
1080 returns more than a 1070 but costs more but like I said the ROI ends up being almost the same, The 1080ti beats them both easily but again costs a fair bit more but again mines a fair bit more. Personally If/when I add to the mining cards I'll get more 1080ti as the ROI is almost the same and the best cards hold their prices better I've found.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Tue 22-Aug-17 00:29:57
Print Post

[re: IranianGiraffe] [link to this post]

Which coin you use for the 1080 and your ti's?

Also you still making £10 a day as compared to my projected revenue that seems huge. There seems more to this than just blindly mining etherium as your profit per card is like 3x my projected revenue.

I dont recall if jorkilla even mentioned his profits.

nanopool for 29.6 hashrate projected me 65usd for the month.

I guess you hesitant to give specific info as it will harm your profits if we all copy you.

Per day I am projected about £1.50 depending on exchange rates, for 1 1070, does that seem low to you?

I also been experimenting with what affects hashrate.

Interesting ramping the power up past 50% to allow higher clocks not only has low efficiency but it actually has close to zero gain. At 50% power with minimal intensity I get 27Mh, at 100% power its only about 0.3Mh higher.
Overclocking memory further has a visible impact, an extra 100mhz memory clock adds about 1.2Mh
Adjusting the intensity value in Claymore has a large impact, but this also affects useability of PC (assuming you using the mining GPU for desktop as well). Default setting is 8 and PC lags very badly, setting to 0 drops gpu utilisation to 90%, no PC lag, but lose about 6Mh, setting to 4 has regains 5Mh but PC is noticebly less laggy but still laggy, setting to 2 has gpu utilisation at around 97% so tiny headroom, but is enough headroom to have no lag, regains 3Mh over 0. Not tested setting 3 yet.

Standard User jorkila
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 22-Aug-17 07:48:33
Print Post

I don't use claymore purely because the dev takes a cut of your coin and I don't dual mine mate, I'm using ethminer instead.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Tue 22-Aug-17 08:18:07
Print Post

I can live with a 1% cut smile

how much you made in past month? GBP wise.

Standard User IranianGiraffe
(committed) Tue 22-Aug-17 10:34:15
Print Post

I have never mined Etherium with my 1080/1080ti's due to the memory both use it's nowhere near the top of the list profit wise (1080 is around 24hash and a 1080ti around 35 for Ethereum).
With the later AMD cards getting back their speed from new firmware to sort the DAG issue then the difficulty is only going to rise more for Etherium as they are mainly 1 trick pony cards so the return is only going to get lower unless Etherium goes up in price a fair bit (which has gone up around 50% in the last month it;s still $100 down on where it was a few months ago)

I've actually got around £550 the last month although around 20% of that was due to the Bitcoin price as I was holding onto mine as Bitcoin seemed low to me as the market was just correcting itself after the gain. I personally feel Bitcoin is again too high after a massive gain and new record high in the last month so again it's going to correct itself so have sold it all off for now.

I deffo get more than £10 a day (total) from my 5 cards at the moment (averaging around £14-15 without electric costs or £11.50-12.50 with them.
So £1.50 from a 1070 doesn't sound bad.

Power wise my cards work best with around 66% for the 1080 and 75% for the ti's any more than that and I don't feel its worth the boost from the extra heat and stress it puts on the card to keep it cool etc.

I honestly couldn't tell you what coin I'm mining at the time as it can change so often, Until recently tho it was best to mine the newer SIGT coin by far and for a few weeks I was averaging around £15 a day AFTER electric costs were taken off.
The NVIDIA cards are much better for mining IMO as you can mine so many coins with them, All the cards scale up well mining wise as well on most of them, looking at a 1070,1080,1080ti they all have around the same time to break even as each other (around 7 days difference max) so I have no idea why almost everyone got 1070rigs etc as when it comes to selling them off there are going to be soooooooo many 1070 cards on the market, If you started off with a 1070 fair enough but with the ROI being around the same time on all the cards to go with the cheaper option that everyone has purchased (and driven price up on seems daft at the selling off point), Personally I'd rather have a 1080ti to sell off even if it took 7 days longer to break even, At that point I've got a card worth almost twice as much and a top of the range card to sell to gamers and not an average one.

Like I said there are so many coins to mine tho, Ethereum isn't on the 1080 or 1080ti radar at all, to name a few that are currently better.

SIGT
ChainCoin
Skein
Zcash,Zencash (pretty much all the Equihash based coins)
Monacoin
Feathercoin
VertCoin
LBRY
Musicoin

Hell even Monero after the massive price increase after being listed on new exchange

For a 1070 tho it's very different only Zencash and Zcash and SIGN are currently better so it really depends on the card. For me tho I want a card that can do as many coins decently tho as possible so it still makes a nice profit if I have to change to another coin when the difficutly goes up (so coin return goes down).

Saying that the Monero almost price double means that it's way more valuable to mine Monero than Ethereum on AMD cards at the moment so if the AMD guys start mining Monero like they should then Ethereum difficulty could actually drop and help out the 1070 mining Ethereum.

Edited by IranianGiraffe (Tue 22-Aug-17 11:44:07)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to