Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | [9] | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User jorkila
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 24-Aug-17 08:16:28
Print Post

Re: GPU

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

As long as the value of the coins remain then yes mate, obviously you'd spend that first year recouping the cost of the rig!
Standard User IranianGiraffe
(committed) Thu 24-Aug-17 16:07:25
Print Post

At current prices yes, That's the reason why people are mining, At the moment you get your return back within a year and then you've basically got a free card. (4 months or so ago the ROI on an AMD 480 was just 3 months and that's the reason why they were OOS everywhere and going for silly money)

The profit has been constantly going down tho (although it's slowing down now) but if the prices stayed the same then you would get back what you put in by a year easily.

If you manage to mine the right coin at the right time you can make the money back much quicker.
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 25-Aug-17 15:49:08
Print Post

[re: jorkila] [link to this post]

Might give it a go instead of selling the remnants of my rig. Could stick the 380 in there until I see what the crack is. I know the 380 won't be very profitable, but as I own it already...

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 25-Aug-17 15:51:16
Print Post

[re: IranianGiraffe] [link to this post]

Thanks.

I'll give you an honourable mention when I become an Etherwhatsit millionaire. grin
Standard User IranianGiraffe
(committed) Fri 25-Aug-17 18:25:29
Print Post

LOL thanks.

Your right with a 380 not being the most profitable card but mining it at the moment clears around 75p a day with Monero coin or 50p a day with Ethereum (if both on the full 24hrs) so it's a decent return on an order card. (I've got a 380DD sat in my drawer I'm unable to use because the 1080 and 1080ti take up all my pci-e power leads, talk about 1st world problems)
Standard User astateoftrance
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 25-Aug-17 18:32:49
Print Post

Feel like I am missing out on some easy money here! If I had known about this when building my rig last year I could have gone for a higher end GPU and made back that difference quite easily it seems. Bet if I upgraded now the market would crash tongue
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 25-Aug-17 18:34:29
Print Post

[re: astateoftrance] [link to this post]

Don't upgrade just yet then. I want to earn a few quid before you wreck the place.... grin
Standard User astateoftrance
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 25-Aug-17 20:26:30
Print Post

Too late mate got 8 1080ti's on the way grin
Standard User Lt_Swan
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 25-Aug-17 20:42:04
Print Post

How much would a GTX 980 earn??

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 25-Aug-17 23:40:16
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

http://mininghwcomparison.com/list/index.php?brand=n...
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | [9] | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to