Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 06-Aug-17 23:42:50
Print Post

Driveclub

[link to this post]

Thought I'd dig out some older games seeing as the PS4 Pro captures in 1080. I'd forgotten how good it looks, particularly the lighting. With all assists turned off and manual gears, it can be quite a challenge!

First race back and a few engine brake spins, although the first one was a definite nudge from behind! smile
Standard User MrTAToad2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 07-Aug-17 10:45:48
Print Post

Re: Driveclub

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Rather unfortunate spin at the end...

Now with Vodafone
Twitter
YouTube
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 07-Aug-17 19:20:04
Print Post

[re: MrTAToad2] [link to this post]

All but one were my fault. Takes a while to get used to the engine braking again when there are no assists on. The following races were much better, but who wants to watch videos without a crash or two in them? tongue

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 07-Aug-17 20:06:55
Print Post

Gran Turismo Sport

Been watching lots of 4k racing videos. My new rig should easily manage the original Project Cars in 4k near 60fps. But it's not all about GPU horsepower it seems! Xbox One X will apparently lock Forza 7 at 60fps, and the PS4 Pro just about manages to average 60fps, with a few low to mid 50 drops.

But when I watch these videos, the GT Sport visuals look much better in 4k, because of the artwork choices made. Much like Driveclub. I think (hope) Project Cars 2 might have better textures, but right now I think GT is the hands down winner for looking "real". Historically, I've not been a big Gran Turismo fan, but I'm tempted to pre order this time.

What do you guys think?

Gran Turismo Digital Foundry

Gran Turismo multiilayer

Forza 7 Digital Foundry

Project Cars 4k
Standard User MrTAToad2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 07-Aug-17 20:40:41
Print Post

Do wish they would bring out a new version of SpyHunter - nothing better than having a car with weapons...

Now with Vodafone
Twitter
YouTube
Standard User Lt_Swan
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 08-Aug-17 00:16:19
Print Post

Re: Gran Turismo Sport

If I had an xbox I'd buy Forza
Which is the most realistic handling? That's what it's all about. Graphics are just eye candy

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 08-Aug-17 06:52:47
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

Dunno about the handling. Haven't played either for very long. Project Cars was the most realistic to me, once you got it set right anyway. Forza Apex was ok, but I hate the constant tyre screeching and I seem to remember GT being much the same. Dirt Rally on PC is the most realistic by a country mile, but so damn difficult if you haven't got hours and hours to practice on the different surfaces.

I disagree on graphics though. 4k makes a real difference to me. Yes, the gameplay has to be there to start with, but when it is, 4k HDR really brings it to life. For my money, Dirt Rally is much more immersive than DC, PC and Forza put together.

Wreckfest is the gameplay king out of the lot of them. smile
Standard User Lt_Swan
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 08-Aug-17 16:49:34
Print Post

I'd rather have a realistic handling car feel rather than a pretty looking arcade game

The thing I didn't like about GT is no damage to the cars. [censored] is that all about?

Wow the abbreviation for What The [censored] is censored
How [censored] pathetic is that?? laugh

Swanny
cool

Edited by Lt_Swan (Tue 08-Aug-17 16:50:52)

Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 08-Aug-17 18:50:11
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

Wash your mouth out with soap this instant - you don't catch me swearing. laugh

If GT is an arcade racer, then so is Forza. Project Cars is much more realistic, but I don't see the point in quality car models, with poorly textured scenery! Hopefully it will be nicer in PC 2.

Those GT Sport car models look amazing - better than Driveclub for my money - and I think that adds to the immersion in a really good way. I don't think you can accuse any of the modern sims as having [censored] handling. Some are just more testing than others. I still intend to pick up Assetto Corsa when my new PC is up and running, because I don't think the PS4 version did it justice.

I'm going to try out Driveclub bikes with the steering wheel later. Should be interesting...
Standard User Lt_Swan
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 08-Aug-17 20:32:41
Print Post

Assetto Corsa looks good
I might be interested in that, I still have my old sidewinder upstairs laugh

Which of these do I need to get going?
http://store.steampowered.com/dlc/244210/

Ah I see £23
http://store.steampowered.com/app/244210/Assetto_Corsa/

I don't care what the other cars look like, I only glance in my mirrors occasionally wink

Swanny
cool

Edited by Lt_Swan (Tue 08-Aug-17 20:36:40)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to