Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 05-Nov-17 10:19:57
Print Post

Sony - the good and the bad

[link to this post]

Good - what a fantastic game Tearaway Unfolded is, and free from the store this month. It's great that Sony still champions this type of experience. Sitting watching the kids engrossed in it, without worrying about the content, is Sunday morning chill personified. Ahhhh! No bickering for a couple of hours...

Now the bad - well, daft really. My PS4 Pro was misbehaving with the video output, so I rang Shopto.net. They immmediately said yeah, sounds odd, and e-mailed me a free shipping label to return it to them. I sent them the Pro along with the power cable and original HDMI cable supplied. I honestly thought that they were going to test it first, before sending out a "refurb".

But instead, I got a message asking for the controller, charging lead and the earpiece/mic to be returned. I rang them again and pointed out that the controller was "well used" and that the mic was broken within a week of purchase (neither was true, but I couldn't be arsed to post them, and delay the return of my console by another week). Apparently, Sony insists on retrieving all contents from the box before honouring the warranty. Why? What will they do with that 50p earpiece and a worn DS4/2?

So I asked Shopto.net to simply remove the new ones from the box before shipping, and they were cool with that. They'll probably stick an old one from home in with it, and keep the new one as a Brucey Bonus!!

Not bothered really, but it reassures me to buy from Shopto again on the next generation, as their customer service was so easy to deal with. They sent me the label in July, and due to my eye operation, I only got round to returning it to them last week. They didn't even query the long delay.
Standard User astateoftrance
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 05-Nov-17 14:25:28
Print Post

Re: Sony - the good and the bad

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Glad to hear they are replacing it without any hassle, definitely worth buying from companies with good customer service like that.

Tearaway looks great but not played it, got it saved in my download list like I do with almost all games which are on PS+. All there waiting to be played but probably never will smile
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 05-Nov-17 18:02:22
Print Post

[re: astateoftrance] [link to this post]

All there waiting to be played but probably never will
Likewise. It's future proofing for the moment of hand me down.

When I got the Pro, the girls newly inherited PS4 had 40 odd games waiting to be downloaded. smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User astateoftrance
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 07-Nov-17 21:06:34
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Nice smile
  Print Thread

Jump to