General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User simonh__
(legend) Sat 23-Jan-10 06:00:18
Print Post

BT Infinity - Availability checker

[link to this post]

I've just visited here and put my details into the checker. Here's the result:

Great news! We have tested your line and you can get the UK's most complete broadband, BT Total Broadband. you can get:
Broadband option Maximum connection speed When you can get it Action
BT Total Broadband Regular broadband Information We're currently upgrading our network to bring you broadband with speeds of up to 20Mb. 5.0Mb download 01-April-2010 Learn more
BT Total Broadband Regular broadband Information You can get fast and reliable broadband with speeds of up to 8Mb. 4.5Mb download Now

I'm confused confused three or even four years ago I had 8Mb through BT and now I can get close on 15Mb with O2! Is 1 April the date that Infinity will be available to me?

Edited by simonh__ (Sat 23-Jan-10 06:03:00)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 23-Jan-10 12:44:32
Print Post

Re: BT Infinity - Availability checker

[re: simonh__] [link to this post]

No sign of infinity in that message, looks more like they are talking about their ADSL2+ product

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
ISP Representative BT_Care
(isp) Sat 23-Jan-10 13:48:15
Print Post

Hi all,

Some of our customers are reporting seeing some problems with the BT.com line speed checker. We’ve reported this to the technical team who are investigating for us. We’ll post back as soon as we have any news.
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User john2007
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 23-Jan-10 13:54:57
Print Post

BT infinity isn't available to me, but I'm invited to recheck regularly.

My maximum BT Total Broadband speed is given as 9Mbps, not great considering I was getting more the other day.
ISP Representative BT_Care
(isp) Sun 24-Jan-10 10:09:54
Print Post

[re: BT_Care] [link to this post]

Hi,

The technical team have told us that they have found a small issue with the checker, but they should have this fixed by this evening. We will keep you updated.

Thanks

Paddy
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User simonh__
(legend) Sun 24-Jan-10 10:29:01
Print Post

[re: BT_Care] [link to this post]

Thank you smile
Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Mon 25-Jan-10 11:17:07
Print Post

Thought I'd try my own number in it.

Apparently I can get BT Total Broadband right now at 4.5Mbps. But from April 2010 I can get Bt Total Broadband at 5Mbps.

The exchange is 21CN WBC connected (but not Infinity) and I currently get 13Mb from Be. So, BT numbers don't seem to be adding up there.
Standard User sparky76
(member) Mon 25-Jan-10 11:44:59
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

The Infinity checker, along with all other checkers give no indication of FTTC for me, I am on Caerphilly exchange which has been enabled... Funny thing is that half of the streets where I live ( 10 out 0f 20 ) are having the results for fibre but yet we are all on the same cabinet??????
Standard User 1nfern0
(newbie) Mon 25-Jan-10 11:51:42
Print Post

[re: sparky76] [link to this post]

My adress in Durham was showing up on Thursday/Friday with 20mbit Infinity however over the weekend it disappeared alongside quite a few others.
Lets see if it reappears sometime soon
Standard User CARPETBURN
(knowledge is power) Mon 25-Jan-10 15:45:02
Print Post

[re: sparky76] [link to this post]

BT speed checker has never been that accurate and now it seems a bigger mess, not that anyone needs to bother checking anymore the new so called
"Infinity"
(http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/infinity)

Is nothing more than a choice between 20gig capped pacakages or throttled to death Traffic managed so called
"unlimited"
(http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/unlimited)

I know Bt have Indian call centres, but they could atleast use accurate English words to describe their packages.

So much for all the geeks and nerds over the years saying...... We wont have caps when MAX gets here...... We wont have throttles on 21CN..... Fibre is so cheap and capable of heavy bandwidth it wont need tight restrictions............

MOOOOOOOOO Goes the BT cash cow MOOOOOOO

MAYBE BT for once could make a statement instead of a robot like script.

At what point in usage terms will someone will be limited on the so called "unlimited "infinity" product...... Maybe BT_care could answer that (then again obviously NOT!)

Edited by CARPETBURN (Mon 25-Jan-10 17:15:18)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to