General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sun 16-Oct-11 10:30:56
Print Post

Re: Orange broadband very slow

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
In reply to a post by dannyboy60:
i am having the same probs with orange, every night just past 17.00 i start to lose bandwith, and have recorded as low as 238 kbps, endless phone calls and all the line checks prove nothing, but since sending email to them saying going elsewhere they have replied saying all heavy users are controlled during peek hours,and this has only just started 2 months ago as before this i was on the same speeds 24/7 so i think orange have now got a capping on heavy users. CAN ANYONE TELL ME A DECENT IP IN THE UK ? as unlimited does not mean what it says now !
Orange isn't LLU any more, it is resold BT Wholesale. Not even as an ISP in their own right like most that use BT Wholesale. They don't have their own hardware, most do.

i am 80 mtrs away from the main penzance exchange, during the day it is usualy very gd, up to 20m d/l and 1.5 u/l and have had this for 18 months, but orange have now done away with their own servers because of to many probs, so we are back on the BT lines,also at the mo they are laying F/Optic cables down here, don't no if this makes a diff.?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 16-Oct-11 10:53:51
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

The phone lines were always BT, the ADSL hardware for most is now back to BT Wholesale, for some its better, many the same and some worse in terms of connection speeds.

NOTE: Just because its slow on Orange over BT Wholesale does not imply that all providers buying from BT Wholesale are the same, since their offer different products to the various providers, and how much capacity a provider buys varies from ISP to ISP.

Fibre optic - no difference to you, unless you switch to a provider using the fibre systems.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User ironnapper
(committed) Tue 18-Oct-11 13:42:19
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Zarjaz:
The 8096Kbps shows the actual sync rate of your router.

To Orange tech the above means that their service is perfect and any issues are a duff computer, cable, filter, kettle, spark plugs etc etc

Anything but them!

When Level1 tech in India say they have performed a 'line test' have they really got the ability to do this, we had no phone line at all the other day but they said the test was fine.

That's amazing!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 14-Nov-11 17:13:22
Print Post

[re: jason44p] [link to this post]

same here.......it is unusable as you describe....started this morning and still so so slow...takes like 30 sec to load a page
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 14-Nov-11 18:53:42
Print Post

Could be a DNS issue.

If you are after advice, you need to supply some facts/data for us to go on.

Routers stats? BT speedtester? Speedtests?

The post you replied to is over a year ago. Best to start a new thread with sufficient info.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 17 Meg Untweaked 19 Meg Tweaked WBC
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 04-Jan-12 04:00:16
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

i have been a nutter and signed up for 18mth wiv these muppets only 6 mths left and i`m outer here they good on mobiles but absolute [censored] on broadband slow aint the word for it and they say it`s due to the use at my home i have 1 laptiop and a home computer that will never connect the laptop is slow but the desktop ain`t having none of it ........................ pathetis when you ring em none of the numpties can help just keep telling you to change channels ................. sorry i expect a decent service will never happen wi em they are [censored]

Wendy
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 04-Jan-12 04:08:02
Print Post

[re: jason44p] [link to this post]

yes i am they say it isa cos i have 2 many comp running i have 1 laptop and 1 desktop and then they blame my daughters x box bull
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 04-Jan-12 04:12:23
Print Post

i get the same [censored] absolute bull so we pay for the internet and i have the same as you 1 laptop... 1 desktop that just will never connect and 1 x box that will do [censored] all what is the point in buying kids game stations when they won`t even work
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 20-Jan-12 09:05:55
Print Post

I totally agree. Have never had such a bad connection as I've been getting the last 6 months. Orange do not want to know. I totally had enough and am moving to another provider with the hope I will have a better connection speed than 0.5/1.5 mbps which is not very stable as it keeps dropping the connection frown . The new provider have promised between 2/5mbps so fingers crossed, hope they can deliver.

Orange are a waste of space and don't get me started with their Indian technical support.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sat 18-Feb-12 17:59:15
Print Post

i.ve had terrible problems with orange last couple of months
slow speed and internet cutting out
phoned technical service .waste of time
tech dept carried out test on line. speed shot up to 9meg after test
lasted for a week then back down to 2 meg
phoned again after 10 minutes of raised voices asked for customer service to cancel
was told if it was the line then who ever i went to the speed would be low
then i was informed that because i have a livebox with 2nd line i was capped to 4meg
because i was on an old contract
changed to new contract for same price but lost 2nd line and instantly got 13meg
i think this is a dirty trick to get you to change contract
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to