General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 23-Sep-10 20:20:34
Print Post

how long to install a new fttc cabinet

[link to this post]

hi all, just wandering if anybody knows how long it takes for btopenreach to install these new fttc cabinets, they have been working on the cabinet near to me for a few days now, yesterday i saw them feeding the fibre cables into the manholes towards the exchange, and today there were 3 vans working on the existing cabinet, i am very impatient and cant wait for fttc, one site says my exchange should have it by 1st of decemer and another says end of september, could it still be a few months away or is it iminent, any help would be appreciated.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 23-Sep-10 20:22:14
Print Post

Re: how long to install a new fttc cabinet

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Could be either - no real firm way of knowing

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 23-Sep-10 20:25:49
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

that was a quick reply, thanks anyhow, looks like ill have to be impatient again then lol

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User _SimonLH_
(newbie) Thu 23-Sep-10 21:11:32
Print Post

They put a fttc cabinet at the the end of my road 2 weeks ago. There was a barrier around the area with mud dug up 2 days before then. Then saw workmen not BT doing work there. Then later a big wooden box which was probably had the cabinet in it came along. Went out later on and it was in within 1 hour seeing on the lorry then actually installed by 8pm. Came back about 10pm and saw BT openreach vans laying cable probably Fibre for the box about 50 meters down the road. Have seen another box about 1.5 miles from my house closer to exchange being wired up inside the cab. My exchange is Romford and enabled end of December 2010.
Cabinets going in now will be enabled for FTTC Products begining of January 2011 possibly a few weeks earlier.
Samknows site puts 1st of Dec put BT say 30th Dec plus if you look at enabled fttc exchange is has enabled 30th March 2010 which was the last batch.
What sites did you use and the one said Dec and Sept and what exchange are you on please, if thats alright.
Standard User Adsl24
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 24-Sep-10 20:44:29
Print Post

If you wish to register then PM me I can try to find out a more up to date estimated go live date for you...

James
ADSL24 Broadband
http://adsl24.co.uk
Standard User RandomJointer
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 24-Sep-10 22:51:29
Print Post

The last thing to be connected will be the electric. i would advise against signing up to any back bedroom reseller that trades on internet forums.

Standard User Silvereyes
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 25-Sep-10 12:30:20
Print Post

[re: RandomJointer] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RandomJointer:
The last thing to be connected will be the electric. i would advise against signing up to any back bedroom reseller that trades on internet forums.

Still pursuing your childish vendetta against Entanet resellers I see smile

BTW: You do know that ADSL24 are no longer an Entanet reseller, don't you?
Standard User Adsl24
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 25-Sep-10 21:00:40
Print Post

[re: Silvereyes] [link to this post]

Indeed, nor back bedroom smile

James
ADSL24 Broadband
http://adsl24.co.uk
Standard User Renfrew
(learned) Sun 26-Sep-10 09:46:31
Print Post

[re: Adsl24] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Adsl24:
Indeed, nor back bedroom smile

AIUI, you resell Murphx connectivity for FTTC. I noticed recently that Murphx was bought out in August by Daisy Internet which has now renamed itself as Daisy Group plc. Has this had any noticeable effect on your services yet? Do you provide your own helpdesk service or are all customer queries redirected to your supplier?

The reason I'm asking is because I expect to be able to migrate to FTTC in the near future and I'm researching the pros and cons for different connectivity suppliers.

--
Dave N

Every day, ...... is another day
Standard User RandomJointer
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 26-Sep-10 22:32:08
Print Post

[re: Silvereyes] [link to this post]

Hi Silver.

Don't think I mentioned anything about 'Entanet' in my advice.

Who are Entanet? why are referral agents who work internet forums for referral cash not recommending them this year when they did last year?

My advice is simply to avoid providers who are not real providers but agents who receive referral fees for channelling business to the agents they represent and give them the best kickbacks.

Such agents may use internet forums as their primary marketing channel to funnel referral fees to themselves rather than provide the best service to unsuspecting punters. wink

In my view, punters would be best served looking at the competitive deals available from real providers and bypassing small referral agents offerings.

As someone who may have face to face experience with punters, I can tell the OP that the electric connection comes last so that's something to look out for.

Of course many referral operators have absolutely no knowledge of fttc installation whatsoever, but may well know about the best referrals available wink

Edited by RandomJointer (Sun 26-Sep-10 23:09:55)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to