General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sat 15-Jan-11 10:51:57
Print Post

Netintelligence

[link to this post]

Has anyone had experience with this parental control/security software? I believe a lot of PCs from High St shops come with it.

I have recently changed to Post Office, and so far the speeds have been great. You get Kaspersky security suite as part of the package. You download it from the Post Office site and it also prompts you to install Netintelligence (NI) as well.

I wished I hadn't - it seems to spy on all your activity and is very hard to get rid of on your computer, but I think I've done it now. It was preventing me from getting on Social Network sites.
Standard User patpalloon
(member) Sat 15-Jan-11 10:53:54
Print Post

Re: Netintelligence

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

I posted this but was not logged in - oops!
Standard User BatBoy
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 15-Jan-11 11:06:44
Print Post

[re: patpalloon] [link to this post]

In order to uninstall Netintelligence you will have to create an account for the online control panel. If you have not created an account please see creating a login for more information on this. Alternatively, you can contact your Home Access support team who will be able to provide you with your uninstall password – contact details for Home Access providers can be found here.

Note: Netintelligence is not able to issue uninstall passwords to end users. These must be issued by the Home Access provider.

Netintelligence can be uninstalled using “Remove a Program” from your Windows Control Panel.

Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Remove a program (Add or Remove Programs in Windows XP) -> Select Netintelligence from the list and double click it using the left mouse button.

When uninstalling Netintelligence, you will be prompted for your uninstall password. Your uninstall password can be obtained by double clicking on the Netintelligence Icon on your desktop and logging in to your online control panel. The password is then located under the support section as shown below.

http://kb.netintelligence.com/pages/How_do_I_uninsta...

_______________________________________________________________more_unwritten_rules_than_posts__________________.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User nemeth782
(learned) Sat 15-Jan-11 11:24:22
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

The PCs that come with it are the ones given out for free by government to help underprivileged children with school work as part of the Home Access scheme.

The Post Office also provide it....

The easiest way to kill it is to remove the LSP from the Winsock stack.
Standard User patpalloon
(member) Sat 15-Jan-11 15:21:59
Print Post

[re: nemeth782] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by nemeth782:
The easiest way to kill it is to remove the LSP from the Winsock stack.

thanks. How do I do that?
Standard User patpalloon
(member) Sat 15-Jan-11 15:24:55
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

thanks but doesn't seem to work as I enter NI through the Post Office portal and it doesn't give me the option of choosing a password.
Standard User BatBoy
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 15-Jan-11 15:32:04
Print Post

[re: patpalloon] [link to this post]

The Post Office have to give you the password.

_______________________________________________________________more_unwritten_rules_than_posts__________________.
Standard User cleggie
(member) Sat 15-Jan-11 20:51:44
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

try the solution half way down this link

http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic/257744-netintel...

it definately works as i have removed it from someones pc using this

remember also to remove the Home acess program using add/remove programs or by deleting the folder

o2 Premium
Dell XPS/Dimension 9200
Was usingVista Ultimate incl Media Centre now Windows 7 Ultimate
TV Tuner c/w Remote Control
NVidia Graphics card GeForce 7900 GS 256MB
20" FTP Monitor
o2 Router
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 15-Jan-11 22:51:06
Print Post

[re: cleggie] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by cleggie:
remember also to remove the Home acess program using add/remove programs or by deleting the folder
I've no idea what the program is, but just deleting folders is unwise as it can cause later problems.

Always delete using add/remove programs if possible, which will remove any registry entries and associated services. That often leaves some folders which it is then safe to delete, but very often that isn't straight-forward either as there can be read-only or even hidden files and folders inside the main one. That last point also applies to program folder deletion without removing the program, an awful lot of junk can remain.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - O2 Standard.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Sun 16-Jan-11 00:36:21
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
That often leaves some folders which it is then safe to delete, but very often that isn't straight-forward either as there can be read-only or even hidden files and folders inside the main one.
Delete will ask you, when it finds these, if you want to delete them too or "Delete All".

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU BB => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU BB
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to