General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User browser08
(newbie) Thu 27-Jan-11 14:21:48
Print Post

Router Interferes with DECT phone

[link to this post]

Hi.
I have a problem with my phone and BB when used together. I use a netgear DG 834G router ethernet wired with the wireless disabled, my problem is that I also use a Panasonic DECT phone and a normal wired house phone. On the DECT phone the sound is clouded by a background hiss which at times is quite annoying, on the other hand there is no problem with the house phone, when I turn the router off the problem goes away. I have tried another netgear router but it makes no difference to the hiss problem. I have replaced all filters and the base unit for the DECT is well away downstairs from the router.
Some help and advise please
Standard User Ribble
(newbie) Thu 27-Jan-11 15:20:19
Print Post

Re: Router Interferes with DECT phone

[re: browser08] [link to this post]

Hopefully you have the DECT base station connected to the line via a filter. You could try plugging in 2 filters in line, then connect the dect base station and see if that helps.
What is the model of the base station?
Standard User iwish
(committed) Thu 27-Jan-11 18:24:14
Print Post

If the dect base and router are next to each other then try moving the base away from the router
I had to do this via a phone extension

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Sylcol
(member) Thu 27-Jan-11 19:43:08
Print Post

I have a DECT phone within two feet of my router and while this is not recommended I have no problem with it. Belkin router and BT Graphite.
Standard User rarrar
(member) Thu 27-Jan-11 21:32:41
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

Might be worth trying a different power adaptor on the router, especially if you still get the interference with the router switched on but disconnected from the phone line .
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 28-Jan-11 13:29:35
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

HI, the base unit is KXTG 8321E
Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Fri 28-Jan-11 18:13:35
Print Post

Have tried a different make of filter ? They aren't all created equal. That said, I seem to recall that back in the past, there were a couple of model of Panasonic phones which weren't happy with BB on the line.

Standard User kwikbreaks
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 29-Jan-11 08:48:18
Print Post

How much testing have you done. For instance have you tried the DECT phone in same socket/filter that the analogue works on and vice versa. You need to see if the problem is filter, socket, or phone related. I used a very similar model Panasonic DECT set on ADSL with no problem in the past.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem.
  Print Thread

Jump to