General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sun 13-Feb-11 19:16:40
Print Post

Xilo don't know full prices

[link to this post]

I have been in contact with xilo and asked about the broadband and phone deal they have.

Well it's £23.99 a month but they can't provide me with a list of call prices and inc VAT.

How the hell do they expect customers to buy services from them, when they can't do simple things like, a call cost list.

BTW is opal still owned by carphone warehouse? I think they are and that is the provider they use.

Can xilo please stop quoting prices + VAT. VAT should be included for all domestic customers. Not many others do this. For pete's sake.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 13-Feb-11 19:25:15
Print Post

Re: Xilo don't know full prices

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Opal Wholesale is owned by TalkTalk but wholesale services from it bear little relation to TT. In the same was as resold wholesale services from BT are totally different from BT Total broadband.

If you are looking at the Pro 16 and Pro 24 services they are not Opal. Xilo/uno have several wholesale suppliers.

"How the hell do they expect customers to buy services from them". Word of mouth recommendation of the very good service?

When was the last time you checked out the detailed costs of BT phone services? Far from easy in my experience. Vat with them can be tricky as well.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - O2 Standard.

Edited by RobertoS (Sun 13-Feb-11 20:37:48)

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sun 13-Feb-11 19:32:47
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

RobS all I ask is they do something like this. http://www2.postoffice.co.uk/sites/default/files/Pri...

They can't even do that. I want to know full prices before i commit to anything.

Poor show from xilo.

Is vivacity any better?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Sun 13-Feb-11 19:38:58
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Opal Wholesale is owned by Carphone Warehouse

surely Talk Talk after the flotation ? "The business division of The TalkTalk Group" according to web site.

Phil

MaxDSL - goes as fast as it can and doesn't read the line checker first.

MaxDSL diagnostics
Are your kids pirates ? Limewire, Bearshare, Kazaa, BitTorrent, eMule are all tools of the trade.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sun 13-Feb-11 19:44:03
Print Post

Re: Xilo don't know full prices *DELETED*

Post deleted by billford

Language filter evasion.

Edited by billford (Sun 13-Feb-11 20:01:44)

Standard User uno
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 13-Feb-11 19:44:06
Print Post

Actually to clarify what you have written in the ticket.

You asked for a PDF of all call charges, we advised we did not have such a document as the product was, what we consider a "soft=launch" until a dedicated page was added to the site.

On this basis, it is generally targetted to existing customers on our forum - which is how you found the information as per your initial ticket posting. You'll see others on the thread are asking queries which have not been stated, which we are happy to do - but you were asking specifically for a PDF showing all charges that simply does not exist.

No, Opal (actually now called Talk Talk Business) and CPW are completely independent companies - They split in March 2010, as such, what you were advised in the ticket is also correct.

In regard to the VAT pricing, as has been noted here before, the site is fully compliant.

Matt

-
uno Broadband
t: 0808 221 8642
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Manchester Speedtest.net Host
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sun 13-Feb-11 20:37:15
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

You asked for a PDF of all call charges, we advised we did not have such a document
You asked for a PDF of all call charges, we advised we did not have such a document

It's irrelevant in what document format you have it in. I used PDF as an example. Most companies have price lists in that format or another.

No reason why you can't have some document, PDF of all the prices inc VAT. Just like the one i linked to before.

Again on the VAT. You have to charge domestic customers VAT, so please include that in your prices. No other company has a problem with that and we can't claim back the VAT.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 13-Feb-11 20:38:26
Print Post

[re: yarwell] [link to this post]

Brain short of blood sugar! Fixed. Thanks smile.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - O2 Standard.

Edited by RobertoS (Sun 13-Feb-11 20:38:45)

Standard User RandomJointer
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 13-Feb-11 20:42:13
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

I take this as " we offer telephony but we have no idea of the prices we charge"

I am sure this is not the case. Could you confirm that you do actually know your prices for telephony and these prices are available to punters at a particular web address?

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sun 13-Feb-11 21:28:16
Print Post

I have just had a look on vivaciti and even they can do it better. They do say + VAT but they they show price inc VAT.

Look at this list. http://www.vivaciti.net/prices.php
Plus they even show a separate price for line rental. That is how is should be done.

This is clearly shown on the home page.

The Broadband Complete package includes your broadband and phone line rental
Monthly cost for this package is £22.00 + VAT (£26.40 Inc) with FREE Migrations

http://www.vivaciti.net/

Think they forgot to update the home broadband packages page, with the new VAT though. Lol
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to