General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User hk20
(newbie) Fri 18-Feb-11 17:23:27
Print Post

New Line Install

[link to this post]

I'm having a new line installed into a house I've recently moved into. It already has a bt socket but it appears to be a double socket type (the hose had two phone lines possibly). Will Openreach normally replace this with a new nte5 or I am better off taking it off before the engineer turns up?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 18-Feb-11 17:29:31
Print Post

Re: New Line Install

[re: hk20] [link to this post]

You usually don't see an engineer unless they need to run a new line into the property

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User hk20
(newbie) Fri 18-Feb-11 17:41:39
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

The engineer is visiting on Monday. I have already been charged for a line installation.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Fri 18-Feb-11 18:23:42
Print Post

[re: hk20] [link to this post]

Make sure you are not charged more than £30 by BT for the line installation.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU BB => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU BB
Standard User andyboygsi
(member) Fri 18-Feb-11 19:18:52
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

why 30 pounds?that would not even cover the jumper activity.the basic installs 125 ish is it not?

the spec is a nte5, so if he/she looks like they are gonna vanish kindly ask them if they are fitting a nte, should be openreach branded also.

on all provision work where an engineer visit is booked the engineer should visit your premises to carry out a pair quality test, this is when they should ensure your internal is upto spec including a current nte5.

these comments are my own and in no way represent any company that i may or may not be linked too.

BTBroadband
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Fri 18-Feb-11 19:49:30
Print Post

[re: andyboygsi] [link to this post]

*£30 Connection Offer. Customers who require a new line will benefit from a £100 discount on the standard line connection charge of £130.00. Customers who are benefiting from this offer are not eligible for Line Rental Saver and must agree to an 18 month contract (applies to the Unlimited Weekend Plan or the Unlimited Anytime Plan). Minimum call commitment also applies you must make at least 10 chargeable or inclusive calls per month (30 calls per quarter). You'll need to pay a charge of £5.15 for every month (if you are billed monthly) or £15.45 for every quarter (if you're billed quarterly) in which you don't make these calls, as compensation for not making the minimum number of calls required. These charges are not subject to VAT and will appear in the one-off charges section of your bill.
providing OP takes the conditions.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU BB => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU BB
  Print Thread

Jump to