General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Tue 01-Mar-11 09:34:51
Print Post

Welsh NGA tender

[link to this post]

Welsh tender outline :-

Next Generation Broadband for Wales

The primary aim of the project is to ensure that: (i) all businesses in Wales have access to a minimum of 30 Mbps by the middle of 2016, (ii) all residential premises in Wales have access to a minimum of 30 Mbps by the end of 2020 and (iii) a minimum of 50% of all residential and business premises in Wales will have access to 100Mbps by 2020. Broadband services provided must, at all times, be at prices comparable to those available on the market in urban areas of the United Kingdom.

The successful contractor/s will be required to provide a significant (multi million pound) investment to the project alongside funding from the Welsh Assembly Government and anticipated European Regional Development Fund (ERDF)

II.1.8) Division into lots
No
II.1.9) Variants will be accepted
Yes

Phil

MaxDSL - goes as fast as it can and doesn't read the line checker first.

MaxDSL diagnostics
Are your kids pirates ? Limewire, Bearshare, Kazaa, BitTorrent, eMule are all tools of the trade.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 01-Mar-11 10:33:25
Print Post

Re: Welsh NGA tender

[re: yarwell] [link to this post]

But do they specify it as a wholesale or retail/b2b product? (Division into lots - No. Any idea what that is?)

If it isn't wholesale then another dangerous monopoly.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre.
Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Tue 01-Mar-11 10:35:38
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

doesn't say, that's probably in the detailed tender docs. As a State Aid project it will have to be either "open access" (often fails) or wholesale and if BT get it then they have to do wholesale for SMP reasons.

"Division into lots - No " means a local outfit can't tender to do its county or city or whatever.

Phil

MaxDSL - goes as fast as it can and doesn't read the line checker first.

MaxDSL diagnostics
Are your kids pirates ? Limewire, Bearshare, Kazaa, BitTorrent, eMule are all tools of the trade.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 01-Mar-11 20:02:57
Print Post

[re: yarwell] [link to this post]

Sounds like only BT could fit the bill and after the 3i incident I wouldnt want my taxes propping up any more "community" broadband cons- no startups could put that sort of cash so either BT do it or virgin ( who wouldnt want the wholesale aspect). Anyway I wonder if this will arrive before or after the high speed train networks we have been promised in every election for the last 15years??
  Print Thread

Jump to