General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 09-Mar-11 21:25:17
Print Post

new broadband

[link to this post]

be gentle with me i am blonde !

i am moving into exchange code CMFOL which is the cheapest/best unlimted broadband packe for me ? Not bothered about fone line as i have mobile with vodafone and dont use all minutes>

TIA
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Wed 09-Mar-11 21:29:04
Print Post

Re: new broadband

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
be gentle with me i am blonde !
Sounds like fun

i am moving into exchange code CMFOL which is the cheapest/best unlimted broadband packe for me ? Not bothered about fone line as i have mobile with vodafone and dont use all minutes>

TIA
BE, Sky, C&W.

[edit] Virgin maybe?

______________________________________________________________________________attack_the_post_not_the_poster__________________

Edited by BatBoy (Wed 09-Mar-11 21:32:17)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 09-Mar-11 22:53:33
Print Post

Largely as BatBoy says. I recommend two resellers of C & W as you can't get that direct, and a couple of further options as well, but rather not list them just yet as I would just confuse you with too much information.

What sort of thing do you want the connection for? For example gaming, or huge downloading? Lots of social networking? Or just simple browsing, internet shopping, banking, email and so on?

The best for one of those may not be the best for the others.

Have you got email that doesn't depend on your ISP? If not, we need to think about that as well.

How long do you expect to stay there? That makes a huge difference to the landline costs/recommendation, as you have to have one, and then also to the broadband.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 09-Mar-11 23:23:25
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Largely as BatBoy says. I recommend two resellers of C & W as you can't get that direct,

What sort of thing do you want the connection for? For example gaming, or huge downloading? Lots of social networking? Or just simple browsing, internet shopping, banking, email and so on?

50-60gb per month mostly programmes about an hour long each .No gaming some facebook
browsing clothes websites ebay shopping . Hotmail email and messenger no banking.
Well about 12 months or more depends on neighbours etc.

Helo Batboy and RobertoS thankyou.

Make it simple like a b or c options. Didnt know it was so complicated !

TIA
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 10-Mar-11 09:32:28
Print Post

Help! i think Babtboy and robertoS are busy with other things frown
Need to pick boradband soon its too confusing. Watching things online has pushed my total over 45gb . Whats cw ?

Tia
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Thu 10-Mar-11 09:44:33
Print Post

While you're waiting, why don't you sign up here for a username. That will prevent you getting lost in a sea of Anonymices.

You'll need a phone line.

C&W is Cable and Wireless.

Any of those I recommended is suitable for you. You probably want to check out the prices.

______________________________________________________________________________attack_the_post_not_the_poster__________________
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 10-Mar-11 09:45:26
Print Post

The virgin media without phone line XL (30Mbps) is £28.50 a month (first three months £23.50.
Not mega cheap, but faster that the ADSL options, as distance to exchange does not matter.

If money is a big factor, then Be Value at £14.08 a month, but need to add the cost of the phone line at £9.70 a month. Speed you get dependant on distance from the phone exchange.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Thu 10-Mar-11 09:46:51
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Any of those I recommended is suitable for you.

pointing her at an actual retail offering might help rather than "C&W"

Phil

MaxDSL - goes as fast as it can and doesn't read the line checker first.

MaxDSL diagnostics
Are your kids pirates ? Limewire, Bearshare, Kazaa, BitTorrent, eMule are all tools of the trade.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Thu 10-Mar-11 09:55:23
Print Post

[re: yarwell] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by yarwell:
pointing her at an actual retail offering might help rather than "C&W"
Go ahead...

Standard User Finguz
(knowledge is power) Thu 10-Mar-11 10:08:30
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Xilo, simples!

My Broadband Speed Test

Any ISP that thinks that selling my click traffic is acceptable is MisinPHORMed
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to