General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 09-Mar-11 21:46:34
Print Post

HomeHub 2.0 disconnecting when downloading

[link to this post]

Sorry if this has been posted before, but I can't quite find anyone with the same issue.

I got BT Broadband a short while ago, and have had this issue the whole time. I use a Macbook Pro, and for general browsing/youtube/PS3 online, there's no issue. The connection will just stay live indefinitely.

However, whenever I start putting large downloads through it (even just a 700mb video on itunes, or a torrent), the connection fails after a minute or two. On my Macbook the Airport icon on the top bar starts flashing, and all other devices connected to the home hub lose connection.

Looking at the Home Hub however, you'd never know it had happened. None of the lights change etc. The issue can be rectified by restarting the router, but obviously this is very annoying when trying to download something.

I tried using a VPN, and have the same issue.

HELP ME PLEASE!!!
Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Thu 10-Mar-11 13:29:29
Print Post

Re: HomeHub 2.0 disconnecting when downloading

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

sounds like you need a better router.

Torrents tend to establish vast numbers of connections that can overload a router's available memory or CPU power.

Phil

MaxDSL - goes as fast as it can and doesn't read the line checker first.

MaxDSL diagnostics
Are your kids pirates ? Limewire, Bearshare, Kazaa, BitTorrent, eMule are all tools of the trade.
  Print Thread

Jump to