General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User hawco
(newbie) Fri 11-Mar-11 15:37:51
Print Post

Broadband cease pending or in progress

[link to this post]

Having problems with my supplier (aol), found on the 7th March we had no internet and using your adsl checker found this: Broadband cease pending or in progress against this line. This cease is due to be complete by the 7th March.

After speaking to Aol, they can't help as our account is closing down and can't give me my mac code as the acconts closing. We thought changing isp might get us back on line but I'm told it won't while the phoneline is blocked.

We haven't moved to another isp, and are wondering why this cease is in place, who placed it and how long does it last in this state and will I ever be back on-line.

Aol call centre staff speak decent English but can't answer my questions.
Standard User Malwaremike
(member) Fri 11-Mar-11 15:58:33
Print Post

Re: Broadband cease pending or in progress

[re: hawco] [link to this post]

AOL is owned by TalkTalk and you might have been chopped by them. I had similar experience last year:
http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/general/f/3887392-t...
Only BT could get my line back so that's where I had to go. After complaining to Ofcom and Otelo I received compensation from my former ISP earlier this year.
Standard User Supatramp
(member) Sun 13-Mar-11 17:53:57
Print Post

Re: Broadband cease pending or in progress

[re: hawco] [link to this post]

I can't answer your questions, but if you look around the internet you'll see a number of people having had a similar experience to yours, and of course that's only the ones who have mentioned it somewhere on the internet.

Basically there are reports of TT being up to a number of tricks, and it was the reason when I recently decided to leave AOL, that although they have LLU on my local exchange, it was the last place I was going to go!

David

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to