General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Dick_B
(regular) Fri 18-Mar-11 11:57:38
Print Post

TBB Qualiy Monitor

[link to this post]

The Quality Monitor seems to have stopped working for me as of a couple of hours ago. Any ideas?
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/362f0905a0d...
Moderator billford
(moderator) Fri 18-Mar-11 12:40:49
Print Post

Re: TBB Qualiy Monitor

[re: Dick_B] [link to this post]

The usual reason for a trace like that is either that your router has decided to ignore pings for some reason or your IP address has changed.

Are you on a static IP?

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

bill@thinkbroadband.com ________________________Planes and Cars and ...________________________BQM
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Dick_B
(regular) Fri 18-Mar-11 12:47:54
Print Post

[re: billford] [link to this post]

Fixed IP address (just checked and its still the same) but I did re-boot router at about time it stopped working. My router should accept pings so far as I can see from its settings. I did not change ping response of router but might try that later on to see what effect it has.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Dick_B
(regular) Fri 18-Mar-11 12:58:19
Print Post

Just re-booted router again and it now seems to be playing ball. Not sure what happened there - software of router must have got a bit screwed-up!
Moderator billford
(moderator) Fri 18-Mar-11 13:06:15
Print Post

I had another look at the trace and noted that it seemed to be working again- your post pipped me by a minute or two smile

Fingers crossed it stays working!

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

bill@thinkbroadband.com ________________________Planes and Cars and ...________________________BQM
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to