General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User spranglebolt
(regular) Fri 18-Mar-11 18:33:41
Print Post

broadband map

[link to this post]

Could one of you folk kindly remind me of the web address to get a map of what speeds blokes are achieving locally (regardless of ISP).

it's a facility I've used in the past but have now stupidly forgotten how I got to it.

Thanks!
Standard User 5km
(knowledge is power) Fri 18-Mar-11 18:36:19
Print Post

Re: broadband map

[re: spranglebolt] [link to this post]

http://maps.thinkbroadband.com

or

http://top10.com/broadband/speedtest/streetstats/

O2 Broadband Premium LLU
Now on twitter @timmay2
Moderator billford
(moderator) Fri 18-Mar-11 18:36:19
Print Post

http://maps.thinkbroadband.com/

Or click "Main Site" from the menu at the top, then "Broadband Maps" from the box of links on the left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

bill@thinkbroadband.com ________________________Planes and Cars and ...________________________BQM
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User rarrar
(member) Fri 18-Mar-11 22:32:25
Print Post

[re: 5km] [link to this post]

The maps dont seem to be able to list resellers .
Looking at my locality the speeds I obtain ( both from my old ISP ADSL24 and my new ISP Vivaciti ) are way above those shown on the map
Moderator billford
(moderator) Fri 18-Mar-11 22:36:17
Print Post

[re: rarrar] [link to this post]

If you click on one of the boxes it will expand to show the range of speeds for each ISP.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

bill@thinkbroadband.com ________________________Planes and Cars and ...________________________BQM
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User 5km
(knowledge is power) Fri 18-Mar-11 22:43:01
Print Post

[re: billford] [link to this post]

On another topic. It is a shame that only ADSL and VM are listed on TB maps. What about Fixed Wireless ISP's and mobile broadband?

O2 Broadband Premium LLU
Now on twitter @timmay2
Moderator billford
(moderator) Fri 18-Mar-11 22:52:36
Print Post

[re: 5km] [link to this post]

That's one for the team, not a lowly mod tongue

I've no idea of any problems with or plans for that, try a query in TTTS.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

Standard User spranglebolt
(regular) Sat 19-Mar-11 12:03:17
Print Post

Thanks, folks, for your reminders!
Standard User captainmouse
(regular) Sat 19-Mar-11 19:11:54
Print Post

[re: billford] [link to this post]

I checked mine and I am the slowest of the slow and oddly enough those in the fast lane are both AOL
Moderator billford
(moderator) Sat 19-Mar-11 22:03:18
Print Post

[re: captainmouse] [link to this post]

My technical knowledge isn't really good enough to start giving advice, but if you think you should be getting better speeds than you are then I'd suggest you start a new thread in this forum, giving at least the results of a BT speedtest (assuming you're not on LLU) and your router stats.

If your speed can be improved, there are plenty of people who can tell you how to go about it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

Print Thread

Jump to