General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User RyanPod
(newbie) Thu 24-Mar-11 21:52:28
Print Post

Will This Work?

[link to this post]

Well if you read my past 2 post's you can see ive been stressed out Eek!,

So My line is been activated at my new place - but someone said it takes a few days for bt to refresh the database so that i'm shown as active - instead of waiting the few days for my number to show on the broadband checker (which is needed to order sky broadband) if it dosent show can i just ring them up and order over the phone telling them that the line is active as im calling from it now - so it speeds things up and i can get broadband quicker?

will this work?
Standard User Lemzip
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 24-Mar-11 21:55:00
Print Post

Re: Will This Work?

[re: RyanPod] [link to this post]

nope, they go by that same system, if the number is not available they cannot order against it.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 25-Mar-11 00:10:15
Print Post

[re: RyanPod] [link to this post]

I think you misunderstood my and others' posts elsewhere.

It will show as active almost immediately. That database is fine.

It is the estimated speeds databases that can take a few days to update, but even that rarely causes a problem. I'm not aware of Sky worrying about it if low, but O2 and Be don't like low estimated speeds and neither does FTTC but you aren't going for any of those.

No ISP is going to worry about high speed estimates, but there is a chance that the speed you get may not match the initial estimate. Seeing as even valid estimates are usually very conservative anyway that is unlikely.

It all comes down to us trying to give you too much information! As a builder we had in recently said to me in a text when I sent him my latest query - Stop worrying.

Everything will be fine smile.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User iwish
(committed) Fri 25-Mar-11 03:38:02
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

As a builder we had in recently said to me in a text when I sent him my latest query - Stop worrying.

Everything will be fine smile.

he said from a beach in Spain wink
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 25-Mar-11 09:05:31
Print Post

[re: iwish] [link to this post]

Ahhhh, maybe, more likely from his Merc that was hidden until work started.

But!

Would you believe we have found a builder we can heartily recommend? Standard of workmanship excellent, and a couple of minor niggles rectified straight away? All the people working on the project friendly, helpful and trustworthy.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.
Standard User camieabz
(legend) Fri 25-Mar-11 10:05:05
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I'm taking up archery.

Soon, I'll have some lovely bacon sandwiches, courtesy of those pesky winged pigs which fly past my house. wink

~~~~~~~~~~

© Camieabz 2002-2011 - All rights and lefts reserved.

report this link
  Print Thread

Jump to