General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 07-Apr-11 23:46:56
Print Post

help help help BET

[link to this post]

Hi Everyone, really need your help. I got BET installed by Openreach. ISP BT. My telephone line provider is 02. Before the additional line as installed and paired i was getting 0.7MB download. Now with BET I am getting 0.1MB total disaster. Openreach are showing me 2MB download when they plug their device in. When I run a speed test, laptop plugged into the router I get 0.1MBS download and 0.4MB upload speed. This has gone on for 1 week and no one can solve this problem. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks AK.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Thu 07-Apr-11 23:58:42
Print Post

Re: help help help BET

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

confused

What's BET?

Additional line? What's on it? What's on original line?

O2 landline is only provided with O2 BB, not BT?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU BB => 2010: Orange 19 Meg Tweaked / 16 Meg Untweaked LLU BB
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 08-Apr-11 00:06:34
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

http://www.techwatch.co.uk/2009/09/16/bt-bets-on-rur...

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Ribble
(regular) Fri 08-Apr-11 01:09:07
Print Post

Which O2 product/service are you on?
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Fri 08-Apr-11 06:48:03
Print Post

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
Hi Everyone, really need your help. I got BET installed by Openreach. ISP BT. My telephone line provider is 02. Before the additional line as installed and paired i was getting 0.7MB download. Now with BET I am getting 0.1MB total disaster. Openreach are showing me 2MB download when they plug their device in. When I run a speed test, laptop plugged into the router I get 0.1MBS download and 0.4MB upload speed. This has gone on for 1 week and no one can solve this problem. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks AK.
What exchange?
What modem/router are you using?
What line stats are reported by your modem?
How long is your line?

______________________________________________________________________________attack_the_post_not_the_poster__________________
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 08-Apr-11 09:50:43
Print Post

If this is o2 access package then the issue may not be the BET but the performance of Access which can be poor at certain times of the day.

Does www.speedtester.bt.com work for you?

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 08-Apr-11 23:15:38
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Thanks for all the replies. Landline is 02. Broadband is BT business. Router is Two wire BT2700HGV.

BTSPEEDTESTER showed 82kbs download, acceptable range 50-250kbs, dsl connection downstream 2720kbps upstream 448. ip profile 135KBPS. Also i have problems with no dial tone on the landline. othertimes it works fine. What a nightmare. Exchange is Dervock, Northern Ireland.
Standard User huwwatkins
(regular) Sat 09-Apr-11 00:27:52
Print Post

Your IP profile is the problem.
Standard User uno
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 09-Apr-11 05:10:16
Print Post

[re: huwwatkins] [link to this post]

I'd say the line is the issue if the OP has no dial tone, which is likely to impact the broadband, giving the lower profile.

Call your phone line provider, state you're having intermittent dial tone problems and they'll generally need to get someone out for that. Once that is resolved, the broadband should fix itself within a few days.

Matt

-
uno Broadband
t: 0808 221 8642
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Manchester Speedtest.net Host
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sat 09-Apr-11 07:23:49
Print Post

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
BTSPEEDTESTER showed 82kbs download, acceptable range 50-250kbs, dsl connection downstream 2720kbps upstream 448. ip profile 135KBPS. Also i have problems with no dial tone on the landline. othertimes it works fine. What a nightmare. Exchange is Dervock, Northern Ireland.
Hello, can you get your line stats from the router?

Go to http://192.168.1.101 or http://2wire.gateway.net
then select Broadband Link
then select Statistics

How far are you from the exchange?

______________________________________________________________________________attack_the_post_not_the_poster__________________
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to