General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User ShirkerBee
(newbie) Fri 08-Apr-11 10:40:04
Print Post

Advice on new connection bed in period

[link to this post]

I recently moved house, i say recently was almost 8 weeks ago now and finally got my broadband connected yesterday.

I am just wondering what to expect for the bed in period. On previous new connections I have found my initial sync speed has been pretty close to what I have got after the initial 10-15 day period.

This time round the initial sync speed is a lot lower than predicted between 10-20 sky predicted and bt wholesale are saying around 14mb

Having checked around kitz etc 14mb seems about right for my router see stats but i am currently syncing at 4056 kbs down 510 up

I am using the sky supplied router F@ST2304, windows 7 os, am around 1.5km direct line to exchange.

Just wondered if I should expect this sync rate to improve over time?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 08-Apr-11 10:56:00
Print Post

Re: Advice on new connection bed in period

[re: ShirkerBee] [link to this post]

Sky does things differently to the other providers.

They start you off at 4Meg, and then if they think you can go faster they allow you to after a few days. Around 16Meg looks feasible on that line

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User ShirkerBee
(newbie) Fri 08-Apr-11 11:06:11
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Excellent thank you for the quick reply.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User NickyJ
(member) Fri 08-Apr-11 12:03:30
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

It also takes 2-3 days before they actually start the training period (or at least it did for me). Once they do, you should see speed increase quite quickly as well.

It might be worth checking you noise figures, in case that is particually high (well low), as I didn't do this, which caused my speed to initially be a lot lower than it should have been, and once I resolved it I phoned them up and they redid it, and my speeds are much better now.

My Broadband Speed TestMy Broadband Speed Test
Just switched from Talk Talk business (nee Freedom 2 Surf) to Sky.
  Print Thread

Jump to