General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Giorgio
(regular) Tue 12-Apr-11 20:01:40
Print Post

Removing RF2 box - went from 1mbit to 9mbit in 5 minutes!

[link to this post]

I have been having awful problems convincing Talktalk that my broadband needs looking at. To cut a long story short i decided to research online about how my phone wiring should be, and i came across this post from thinkbroadband...

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/general/3707714-bt-...

And doing the same thing changed my sync from less than 1mbit to over 9mbit!!! Damn awesome!!

Just bypased the rf2 box, and wired the orange twisted pair directly into the master socket. Nothing more than a screwdriver needed!

I am so happy, i had to post here - i cant imagine the OP will be around, but my thanks go out to him/her a million times over!

========<br>"It Is Hard To Believe That A Man Is Telling THe Truth When You know That You Would Lie If You Were In His Place."
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 12-Apr-11 20:05:06
Print Post

Re: Removing RF2 box - went from 1mbit to 9mbit in 5 minutes

[re: Giorgio] [link to this post]

If the phone calls are noisy now then what you need to get TalkTalk to arrange is conversion of the RF2 to an RF3 that works fine with ADSL

Though return wiring to original situation before calling them out.

Reason for adding this is that the RF2's are only fitted when people complain of noise phone lines.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Giorgio
(regular) Tue 12-Apr-11 20:09:37
Print Post

Re: Removing RF2 box - went from 1mbit to 9mbit in 5 minutes

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks for the advice - we never use our telephone, so that will never be an issue for us.

Am so excited i don't really know what to do! LOL

======
"It Is Hard To Believe That A Man Is Telling THe Truth When You know That You Would Lie If You Were In His Place."

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to