General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 19-Apr-11 12:18:49
Print Post

6 months free broadband....

[link to this post]

Hello,
I took up my ISP's offer of 6 months free broadband and I signed up for another 12 months in January of 2010, however 15 months later I am still getting it free. This is a bit of a double edged sword as I want BT Infinity but as I am currently getting broadband for free I cant justify moving to 'the boss'.
Where do I stand with my ISP's error, can they ask for back payment?

Cheers

Gary
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 19-Apr-11 13:07:26
Print Post

Re: 6 months free broadband....

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Yes they can ask for back payment, what efforts have you made to try and make payments?

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 19-Apr-11 13:16:59
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Hello Andrew,
I only noticed recently as the discount is applied to my TV subscription so as yet I've not put my head above the parapet. I am wondering if honesty is the best way forward (although previous experience says otherwise) or should I get my MAC and try to slope off quietly. Oh decisions decisions!

Gary

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User cheshire_man
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 19-Apr-11 16:44:59
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

I'd have thought it's a debt that you're liable for and if, for example, you 'slope off quietly', it's perfectly possible that at some in the future (up to 7 years?) you could get a letter asking for payment of that due debt.

Tony
  Print Thread

Jump to