General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 27-Apr-11 12:31:45
Print Post

PO, Vodaphone, Orange

[link to this post]

I believe these are all White label BT services. What I want to know is whether that is BT Wholesale or BT (Retail) Broadband.

I used to think it was BT Wholesale but couldn't understand how that would work in practice. These days I'm swinging to thinking it is a wholesale service from BT (Retail) Broadband, in the same way as Entanet and Daisy provide services to virtual ISPs.

Can anyone clarify this for me please?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User m0aur
(member) Wed 27-Apr-11 12:42:37
Print Post

Re: PO, Vodaphone, Orange

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

As far as I am aware, my Post Office Broadband & phone service, is managed and maintained completely by BT Wholesale, this leaves providers free to focus on the sales and marketing of products.

White Label Managed Services remove the need for communications providers to build, support and maintain their own networks, products, office systems and customer support facilities.

Post Office Home phone with 8Mb Broadband Extra.
20" iMac Dual 2.66gHz 4 Gb Ram.
Post Office Test Result
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 27-Apr-11 20:17:33
Print Post

Wot about Orange LLU?

Tim
ZeN & freenetname
recapped ST546v6 on 8 Meg Active
Check my bad boy speeds out on ZeN

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 27-Apr-11 21:37:45
Print Post

[re: Banger] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Banger:
Wot about Orange LLU?
The question arose precisely because I was thinking about exactly what is replacing Orange LLU.

Or weren't you aware that that is dead? Orange LLU customers are at currently being transferred to the White Label service I ask about.

My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

Edited by RobertoS (Wed 27-Apr-11 21:38:26)

Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 27-Apr-11 21:59:04
Print Post

I wasn't aware of the transfer with my own exchange just recently getting Orange LLU on Samknows so guess that is now incorrect.

Tim
ZeN & freenetname
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 27-Apr-11 22:42:36
Print Post

Yes, there does seem to be a degree of confusion wrt what samknows is reporting. Several recent newly-LLU'ed exchanges, which has to be rubbish.

It could be some sort of auto system in samknows that hasn't been killed. So a non-Orange-LLU exchange where the Orange non-LLU service is transferred to BT may be getting notified by an auto system as now LLU'ed, as it is no longer a standard non-LLU connection.

I'm not sure how clear that is. The point is that Orange as a true ISP with its own BT Centrals and LLU service is no longer. So the fact customers on a given exchange such as yours have been moved off Centrals to another service may be being construed by samknows as that exchange having been LLU'ed.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Thu 28-Apr-11 00:14:38
Print Post

SamKnows is not SamProphesies!

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU BB => 2010: Orange 19 Meg Tweaked / 16 Meg Untweaked LLU BB
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 28-Apr-11 02:12:05
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Sorry for confusion somewhere in the back of my mind I remember Orange getting Tiscali or was it Talk Talk. Talk Talk LLU already on my exchange and Orange LLU quite recently. I think I'm getting myself in a muddle with LLU owners.

Tim
ZeN & freenetname
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 28-Apr-11 09:25:46
Print Post

smile
You are indeed confused.

Orange is Orange, actually belonging to Telecom France IIRC. Nothing to do with Tiscali or Talktalk.

Tiscali bought several companies such as Nildram and Pipex, and recently got bought by TalkTalk. Tiscali customers are being or maybe now all have been moved over to TalkTalk.

Orange is giving up its LLU operation and customers are being moved to a BT service. Plus I think its non-LLU customers are going onto the same BT service instead of their current one.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Thu 28-Apr-11 10:19:50
Print Post

& they are not even the same type of LLUs.
In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Plus I think its non-LLU customers are going onto the same BT service instead of their current one.
Orange non-LLU customers will either remain on IPStream or be moved to WBC if their exchange is 21CN.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU BB => 2010: Orange 19 Meg Tweaked / 16 Meg Untweaked LLU BB
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to