General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 03-May-11 08:59:42
Print Post

Reasonable Tech Support?

[link to this post]

Iím considering changing my ISP. Itís one of the Premier-League providers. I take it for granted that only the BT, AOL, etc can offer 24/7 support but Iím concerned by what Iíve got at the moment. My Tech Support is office hours only, which can be difficult if you run into trouble as I did over the double Bank Holiday period. There is no emergency number. My problem didnít necessitate using an emergency contact this time but itís good to know somebody is out there. There is also email support. Again, this is office hours only. I expected a response to several messages during the three working days between Bank Holidays but nobody got back to me. I tried to phone Tech Support during time. The recorded message did not say the office was closed but there was no answer. Does this sound reasonable to you? Thanks, Chrissie
Standard User Rockh
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 03-May-11 10:06:59
Print Post

Re: Reasonable Tech Support?

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Unless you want business class support to which you would pay an appropriate premium what do you expect. It was a public holiday they are entitled to be off as well as you.

There are quite a few ISP's of various sizes which operate 24/7 tech support.

As for the tech support not saying it was closed was most likely down to someone not configuring the IVR correctly with the public holidays.

Dave
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 03-May-11 10:34:06
Print Post

[re: Rockh] [link to this post]

I did mention three working days in between the two Bank Holidays. Chrissie

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Wagstaff
(committed) Tue 03-May-11 10:55:57
Print Post

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
Iím considering changing my ISP. Itís one of the Premier-League providers.

Which "premier-league" ISP are you with at the moment ?

Wagstaff

"Horse sense is the thing a horse has that keeps it from betting on people."
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 03-May-11 11:06:41
Print Post

[re: Wagstaff] [link to this post]

I'd rather not say. Support seems less than I had with another similar-priced provider but I would want to do the ISP down without reason. Perhaps I expect too much. Chrissie.
Standard User baby_frogmella
(committed) Tue 03-May-11 11:19:41
Print Post

Try Goscomb another so-called "niche isp". I remember once there was a problem with my Goscomb ip-stream connection (they're an Entanet L2TP ISP) at 10pm on Sunday and i called up support not expecting anyone to answer the phone. But Mr Goscomb answered the phone himself....think he was having dinner in a west end London restaurant! LOL Anyway he didn't mind being distracted and called me back within 20 mins telling me their was a BT fibre break near Edinburgh and that BT's engineers were working on it. Now that's what i call service smile I keep having wet dreams that TalkTalk will one day provide the same phone support as Goscomb smile

TalkTalk Plus LLU ADSL2+ connected @ 17612/1019 kbps
Attenuation 27db down / 9db up
Noise Margin 3.3 db down / 12db up