General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User charliemagoo
(newbie) Thu 05-May-11 20:56:58
Print Post

Line Canceled

[link to this post]

Hello ,
Hopefully i have the correct forum if not my apologies.

My Payment to B.T for there line rental got delayed ( My fault) ad they cancled my line and closed my account , they wouldnt re-instate and they insisted i had to open a new account with a new telephone number etc. Now my current broadband provider is plusnet and i was wanting to know if my adsl will work on same line but with a new number ? my line gets activated on monday. I deeply appreciate the help and my apologies for the rambling.

Cheers
Standard User uno
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 05-May-11 21:02:24
Print Post

Re: Line Canceled

[re: charliemagoo] [link to this post]

Your broadband will likely stop working if BT have accidentally closed the account - this is normally within a few days of their mistake.

If so, you'll need to get broadband re-provisioned on the line something Plusnet may charge for.

Matt

-
uno Broadband
t: 0808 221 8642
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Manchester Speedtest.net Host
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Thu 05-May-11 23:34:06
Print Post

See if your contract includes House Moves? It should count as one.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU BB => 2010: Orange 19 Meg Tweaked / 16 Meg Untweaked LLU BB

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MHC
(legend) Thu 05-May-11 23:48:44
Print Post

Re: Line Cancelled

How long was it delayed for? There will normally be a red reminder sent out before disconnection - I had one today, as it happens, albeit for a bill that is in dispute.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit

Edited by MHC (Thu 05-May-11 23:49:11)

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 06-May-11 01:04:46
Print Post

When we had our line here we had a billing dispute with BT which resulted in their normal response - simply cut the line off. We got a reminder, then a cease notice etc.

It wasn't possible to resolve the issue, as a resolution requires the other party to address the issue and reply to you, so the cease went ahead, the line stopped for calls, then we got an email from Zen that the ADSL was to be ceased.

Since I wasn't going to be pushed around I told them fine, go ahead, we'll cease and get a new number from someone else,

Zen then refunded the unused portion we'd prepaid (very nice of them), we bought a 3G modem, found it faster than the ADSL was anyway, and haven't used the line in over 3 years.

So I suspect you have a "cease notice" coming from Plusnet soon.

Odd that BT will take you back as a customer, when clearly, they didn't want to keep you - anyone might think it was just a way of making extra cash out of people.
Standard User mixt
(experienced) Fri 06-May-11 07:06:43
Print Post

As far as I understand it, if the line has been ceased by BT, the broadband also inherits the cease.

So it sounds like you have to go all the way back to start here - get a new line, then order broadband on top of it. Or, go with a provider who provides and charges for the new line as part of their broadband package (effectively re-selling the line from BT).

Now on <aaisp.net>
Previous ISPs: Virgin Media (50Mb/Cable), Be* Un Limited, ZeN
Is Linux routing your internet connection?
Need to make BIND geo-aware?
Standard User Wagstaff
(committed) Fri 06-May-11 07:58:51
Print Post

In reply to a post by charliemagoo:
.....i was wanting to know if my adsl will work on same line but with a new number ? my line gets activated on monday.

I see no reason why your existing line to the exchange should not work with a new number. Nothing physically has changed.
Let Plusnet know as soon as possible what has happened with BT - they are part of the same Group !!

Wagstaff

"Horse sense is the thing a horse has that keeps it from betting on people."
  Print Thread

Jump to