General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User charliemabob
(newbie) Tue 17-May-11 21:43:28
Print Post

IP address banned

[link to this post]

I belong to an artist's website called WetCanvas. Recently, the site has been banning me from using it because it cannot cope with IP addresses with the format 2.xx.xx.xx as supplied by TalkTalk

I got this message fromWetCanvas:-
Iím sorry that you are once again banned from WetCanvas. We have issues with those using low # IP addresses getting access all the time. Our techs have looked into the issue and so has our hosting firm and we cannot resolve the issue on our end. I suggest your talk to your internet provider to see if you can get a new IP address assigned.

My feeling is that WetCanvas should be able to do something about this as I am a member of other forums and I only have problems with this particular site.

Many thanks for any help, comment etc
Standard User GMAN98
(committed) Tue 17-May-11 21:52:26
Print Post

Re: IP address banned

[re: charliemabob] [link to this post]

Maybe sign up to a proxy?
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Tue 17-May-11 21:52:53
Print Post

The Class A network 2.0.0.0/8 used to be assigned to IANA and was a reserved address until 2010. The only people using those addresses would have been hackers. Webcanvas needs to get up to date.

______________________________________________________________________________attack_the_post_not_the_poster__________________

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User uno
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 17-May-11 22:18:36
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Sounds like they have out of date bogon filters.

If they're using a software firewall like APF, they may need to update their reserved netblock list.

Matt

-
uno Broadband
t: 0808 221 8642
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Manchester Speedtest.net Host
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Wed 18-May-11 00:09:14
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Then why are Orange assigning such addys to it new WBC network?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU BB => 2010: Orange 19 Meg Tweaked / 16 Meg Untweaked LLU BB
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Wed 18-May-11 00:30:34
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
Then why are Orange assigning such addys to it new WBC network?
Because the networks have been reassigned due to the ipv4 address space running out.

______________________________________________________________________________attack_the_post_not_the_poster__________________
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Wed 18-May-11 08:43:42
Print Post

Yes, it happens to Orange users as well! I immediately get
Sorry. The administrator has banned your IP address. To contact the administrator click here
Surprised that TT and Orange share a block.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU BB => 2010: Orange 19 Meg Tweaked / 16 Meg Untweaked LLU BB
Standard User charliemabob
(newbie) Thu 19-May-11 13:55:50
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Thanks to everyone who commented. I have passed the info on to the WetCanvas website, so hopefully, they will sort things out.
Thanks again
Walter
  Print Thread

Jump to