General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User iand
(experienced) Fri 20-May-11 21:00:08
Print Post

Drinking Broadband

[link to this post]

So there I was in a bar drinking it dry from left to right when I thought. "Wonder how quickly I could move from BB ISP to ISP". Sort of like an ISP pub walk.

If I started with BT, Plusnet, Zen, TalkTalk, SKY, xilo, Orange, Postoffice, etc.... how many do you think I could move through in 6 months???

IanD
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 20-May-11 21:47:21
Print Post

Re: Drinking Broadband

[re: iand] [link to this post]

Well you would have to omit BT and TalkTalk at least, I expect Sky as well, as they have 12/18 month contracts. I think Post Office broadband is 12 months as well, even though the phone is monthly.

Do you intend to count Entanet resellers as separate ISPs? That could up the count, but is cheating really.

You could include O2 in the list as they have a 30-day getout on both LLU and IPStream.

Excluding multiple Entanet resellers, at best 20, (one day to get a MAC and 8 days BT reaction time), and more likely 12, (average four days to get a MAC plus 8 days BT) with some taking longer for a variety of reasons.

I suppose it would rather spoil the fun if you simply asked this guy. He seemed to be trying it a couple of years ago.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Fri 20-May-11 23:59:20
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Only £££s would stop you trying out BT, TT, etc. You can always buy out your contracts smile

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU BB => 2010: Orange 19 Meg Tweaked / 16 Meg Untweaked LLU BB

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User camieabz
(legend) Sat 21-May-11 00:01:23
Print Post

[re: iand] [link to this post]

...how many phone lines? tongue

~~~~~~~~~~

© Camieabz 2002-2011

Live BQM

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 21-May-11 00:13:44
Print Post

[re: camieabz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by camieabz:
...how many phone lines? tongue
He may not be able to count them right now ....

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
  Print Thread

Jump to