General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User glint61
(newbie) Sun 22-May-11 12:20:32
Print Post

VOIP quality

[link to this post]

Hi.
I have a Skype/voip question,
I have a 2.2 Mhz CPU system with 2 gig of ram, I connect to the net via a Netgear router ethernet wired. I use a hi def webcam and a decent vid card all up to date drivers. The problem, video call quality, I often get pixelation/ bluriness and poor sound quality.
I use Skype and Logitech Vid the later being better, the call quality indicator usually indicates sent video medium, receiving video bad. I video call to two people one in Australia, and one in Plymouth, I live in kent. I have regular speed test returns of upload 0.37-0.4 mbps, download 2.22-2.9 mbps, and ping 56-101 ms. both my contacts are on a faster network. My two contacts don't have these problems with one and other it's just me with them.
ISP = Plusnet
Standard User john2007
(legend) Sun 22-May-11 12:26:40
Print Post

Re: VOIP quality

[re: glint61] [link to this post]

Router stats? See http://kitz.co.uk/adsl/frogstats.php
Standard User glint61
(newbie) Mon 23-May-11 11:36:34
Print Post

[re: john2007] [link to this post]

I have downloaded the lite version of frogstats but how do I interpret and act upon the info.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 23-May-11 20:16:33
Print Post

[re: glint61] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by glint61:
I have downloaded the lite version of frogstats but how do I interpret and act upon the info.
?
You don't download frogstats. You select your modem/router from the drop-down list and it tells you how to get your router stats.

Just get them then copy/paste to here. We interpret, and you learn what they mean smile.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
  Print Thread

Jump to