General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User worldofadsl
(knowledge is power) Thu 26-May-11 10:18:38
Print Post

What a joke!

[link to this post]

BT is an absolute joke and should be ashamed of their [censored] poor broadband services. Why anyone who lives in a Virgin Media area has xDSL is beyond me!! I have just had to move back to BT from Virgin because my new property does not support Virgin. Its like going back in time 10 years. I live 400m from my exchange and still only get 19mbps on ADSL2+.

FTTC is another dead dog... <b>up to</b>40mbps wow! I had 50mbps nearly 3 years ago on Virgin and 100mbps is being rolled out already.

Get your act together BT and stop releasing huge profits and holding this country back in the dark ages!
Standard User djfunkdup
(committed) Thu 26-May-11 10:38:05
Print Post

Re: What a joke!

[re: worldofadsl] [link to this post]

lol you should think yourself lucky... 19Mb is actually quite good ......could be a lot worse like many on bt will tell you wink... though i do understand your point,the hair i have left would fall out if i had to go back to bt ....wink
;
;
;
;
;

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 26-May-11 10:40:31
Print Post

Don't move if its that important then.
VM are as much at fault for not expanding coverage too.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(knowledge is power) Thu 26-May-11 11:58:40
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Where you live should not have anything to do with service!! Broadband postcode lottery!

VM is the result of many mergers and aquisitions but has been a private company from day 1. So why is it just as much at fault for failing to expand its network?

BT was handed the network from the GPO for relatively buttons and therefore in my opinion has an obligation to provide the people of this country with a level of service. Instead we are provided with a complete substandard service. Just look how far behind USA we are and look at the size of the country!!
Standard User camieabz
(legend) Thu 26-May-11 12:01:59
Print Post

In reply to a post by worldofadsl:
I live 400m from my exchange and still only get 19mbps on ADSL2+.

...so what's the problem?

~~~~~~~~~~

© Camieabz 2002-2011

Live BQM

My Broadband Speed Test
(knowledge is power) Thu 26-May-11 12:07:06
Print Post

[re: camieabz] [link to this post]

What do you mean? 19mbps is pants when you have been using 50mbps for a few years.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 26-May-11 12:13:30
Print Post

Where you live affects many things in life, at least BT are providing you infinitly more than BT are at this new address.

Given no legal obligation to provider broadband exists what is the complaint?

The GPO network if you had not noticed has had considerable investment made in it. As for being behind the US - I presume you've not noticed the zipcode lottery that exists there either? Or most other countries.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 26-May-11 12:17:33
Print Post

In reply to a post by worldofadsl:
Where you live should not have anything to do with service!! Broadband postcode lottery!

VM is the result of many mergers and aquisitions but has been a private company from day 1. So why is it just as much at fault for failing to expand its network?

BT was handed the network from the GPO for relatively buttons and therefore in my opinion has an obligation to provide the people of this country with a level of service. Instead we are provided with a complete substandard service. Just look how far behind USA we are and look at the size of the country!!
At the time BT was created from the GPO there was only the telephone network. No such thing as broadband.

I think the improvements BT have made to the telephone network are outstanding.

With regard to broadband, I think with a little deeper research you will find that the population of huge swathes of the USA would kill for what we get through BT. Or the competition between many different retailers here - it's take it or leave it in the bulk USA as I understand it.

I will grant you that BT could do far better than it does wrt broadband. I just take issue with the comparisons you make.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 26-May-11 12:19:56
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Prams and toys because it is not what someone wants springs to mind

Standard User camieabz
(legend) Thu 26-May-11 12:25:11
Print Post

Didn't you bother to check before you moved, or was it your plan to move then moan?

You've gone from a sports car to a limo and still complain, while most have to cycle or walk. Stump up the cash for the FTTC for your exchange if it's that important.

~~~~~~~~~~

© Camieabz 2002-2011

Live BQM

My Broadband Speed Test
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to