General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User jdowning640
(member) Mon 06-Jun-11 20:55:27
Print Post

BET + 21CN

[link to this post]

Ok so was on Samknows & seen that my exchange now shows up as 21CN enabled however I can't see it as enabled anywhere else. Exchange is Aghalee

I then went onto wholesale checker and typed in my brothers number on exchange and it comes up:

"Your exchange is ADSL enabled, and our initial test on your line indicates that your line should be able to have an ADSL broadband service that provides a fixed line speed up to 512Kbps. However, due to the length of your line, an engineer visit may be required, who will, where possible, supply the broadband service.

Additionally, your line may be able to support an estimated ADSL speed between 1 to 2 Mbps using Broadband Enabling Technology. A solution created specifically for communities who have very long telephone lines. If you decide to place an order, an appointment might be required where an engineer may need to visit your premises who will, where possible, supply the service.

Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL Max broadband line speed of 1.5Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 1Mbps and 2.5Mbps."

Might be an interest to some of you.

Anyway, does anyone know why it came up on samknows that we can get 21CN? That BET thing only came up recently, is it related?

And what speeds would I get if I'm getting 7k sync down on 21CN? Attenuation is 35.

Thanks

Jack
Standard User Andrue
(knowledge is power) Mon 06-Jun-11 22:08:08
Print Post

Re: BET + 21CN

[re: jdowning640] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jdowning640:
And what speeds would I get if I'm getting 7k sync down on 21CN? Attenuation is 35.
21 CN should get you around 13Mb/s. Maybe 14Mb/s if you're lucky.

BET is not directly related to 21 CN. It's just a technology that extends ADSL further than it can currently reach. From what I've read about it it's quite expensive to install. It's also - from a technical point of view - a dead-end and short sighted technology.

Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK

Just because he can smile
  Print Thread

Jump to