General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Libisa
(newbie) Wed 08-Jun-11 13:28:30
Print Post

Broadband Suppliers

[link to this post]

I have been with a few suppliers over the years, namely TalkTalk, BT, Pipex and Orange. Finally I found the one that has surpassed my ecpectations and that is Plusnet. I signed up with them in June 2010 and have never had any reason to complain about service. The customer service is fantatic, and they go out of their way to make sure you are completely happy with the service. The one and only time I had an issue was today, when I asked why my bill had risen by almost £6.00 for no reason. They explained that it was because my contract was now up and any discounts were now ended and I was now on the normal contract. After explaining that I had been loyal for the duration of the term, the customer rep decided to amend the account and gave me a further saving. So instead of the old £24.99 a month I am now paying £22.85 for 60GB usage, phone line and rental with calls anytime 24/7. It is strange however that Plusnent are are part of the BT group, so I wwonder why BT cannot be a accomodating in their attitude. Apart from fibre optic, can anybody beat that?
Standard User Kam
(newbie) Thu 09-Jun-11 09:47:50
Print Post

Re: Broadband Suppliers

[re: Libisa] [link to this post]

I'm glad to hear that you are happy with Plusnet. The engineer is coming next Monday to switch me to their FTTC offering. Moving from O2, who I was happy with, but who do not offer FTTC yet.

Edited by Kam (Thu 09-Jun-11 09:50:52)

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 09-Jun-11 12:09:32
Print Post

[re: Kam] [link to this post]

I wish I could get fibre optic bb but it's not available i my area, and there is no future plans for it in the future. But hey, am I downhearted? No because I believe if a computer, broadband supply or anything IT related does what you want, then there is no need to change?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User E7er
(knowledge is power) Thu 09-Jun-11 15:28:30
Print Post

[re: Libisa] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Libisa:
I am now paying £22.85 for 60GB usage, phone line and rental with calls anytime 24/7 can anybody beat that?
Hi, Ay-up! What you got there is suppose to be £26.98 for 60GB extra broadband and anytime calls with £11.99 line rental, but you have to be in market 3 exchange area to get it.

http://www.plus.net/packages/extra-broadband-anytime...

Orange can beat that if you already have an Orange mobile phone monthly contract.
£10 a month for unlimited 20 Meg broadband and anytime calls plus £11.50 line rental is only £21.50 per month.

http://shop.orange.co.uk/broadband/compare-all/

Orange (SMPF) LLU 20 Meg. Sync 11864 Kbps Downstream, 1157 Kbps Upstream.
3Com 3CRWDR101A-75 ADSL2/2+ wireless router
Netgear DGN1000 ADSL2+ wireless N 150 Router supplied by Orange
BT Business Hub 2Wire 2700HGV v2 ADSL2+ Dual SSID wireless Router
  Print Thread

Jump to