General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Square
(newbie) Wed 22-Jun-11 11:07:42
Print Post

Replacing the BT master socket inside the house

[link to this post]

Hi all smile

After a previous post here, it would seem that replacing the master socket may be a good way of improving my speed. Some questions:-

1) Am I allowed to do this or does a BT engineer have to do it?
2) Are there many different types of new master socket?
3) It would seem sensible to use one with a micro filter built in. Are there different model/manufacturers of these? Recommendations?

Thanks very much for any advice smile

[] [] [] Square [] [] []
Standard User MHC
(legend) Wed 22-Jun-11 11:52:42
Print Post

Re: Replacing the BT master socket inside the house

[re: Square] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Square:
Hi all smile

After a previous post here, it would seem that replacing the master socket may be a good way of improving my speed. Some questions:-

1) Am I allowed to do this or does a BT engineer have to do it?
2) Are there many different types of new master socket?
3) It would seem sensible to use one with a micro filter built in. Are there different model/manufacturers of these? Recommendations?

Thanks very much for any advice smile

1. A BT Technician must be used to replace the master socket. It is normally a chargeable service, but in certain cases, damage or failure for example, it is free. They will replace it with two part front, where you can remove teh lower half and replace it with a filtered front.

2. There is just on type that BT will fit - but it can be on a plastic wall mount box or fitted to an in-wall backbox.

3. The BT filter - if you can get one free, or Clarity.IT are two that come to mind as being good.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
  Print Thread

Jump to