After a previous post here, it would seem that replacing the master socket may be a good way of improving my speed. Some questions:-
1) Am I allowed to do this or does a BT engineer have to do it?
2) Are there many different types of new master socket?
3) It would seem sensible to use one with a micro filter built in. Are there different model/manufacturers of these? Recommendations?
Thanks very much for any advice
1. A BT Technician must be used to replace the master socket. It is normally a chargeable service, but in certain cases, damage or failure for example, it is free. They will replace it with two part front, where you can remove teh lower half and replace it with a filtered front.
2. There is just on type that BT will fit - but it can be on a plastic wall mount box or fitted to an in-wall backbox.
3. The BT filter - if you can get one free, or Clarity.IT are two that come to mind as being good.
M H C
taurus excreta cerebrum vincit