General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Fri 08-Jul-11 21:25:40
Print Post

Re: Installing second line

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

For the fast BB, FTTC, you'll need a BT line anyway.

.... or a Talk Talk one !

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 08-Jul-11 22:53:11
Print Post

[re: DaveSmith2020] [link to this post]

BT will install the second line for £30 as long as you accept an 18-month contract for it. The only FFTC service on it that would exclude at the moment would be TalkTalk. See the third sub-sub-heading on this page.

If you want broadband on the second line, you can have nearly any supplier you wish.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User tommy45
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 08-Jul-11 23:08:36
Print Post

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
Who says?
Maybe this that the op was referring too
£30 Connection Offer: Customers who require a new line will benefit from a £100 discount on the standard line connection charge of £130. Customers who are benefiting from this offer are not eligible for Line Rental Saver and must agree to an 18 month contract (applies to the Unlimited Weekend Plan or the Unlimited Anytime Plan). Minimum call commitment also applies you must make at least 10 chargeable or inclusive calls per month (30 calls per quarter). You'll need to pay a charge of £5.15 for every month (if you are billed monthly) or £15.45 for every quarter (if you're billed quarterly) in which you don't make these calls, as compensation for not making the minimum number of calls required. These charges are not subject to VAT and will appear in the one-off charges section of your bill.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Fri 08-Jul-11 23:34:48
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Zarjaz:
Who do suppose fits 'full LLU' lines then, if not Openreach ?
I imagined that the non-BT provider (i.e. only TT & Sky) themselves would install non-BT owned lines, but I guess you have disabused me.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU BB => 2010: Orange 19 Meg Tweaked / 16 Meg Untweaked LLU BB
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Fri 08-Jul-11 23:45:21
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

Ah. I see! Nothing to do with having Line Rental Saver on your 1st line as poster contended and only applicable when you take the £30 Connection Offer. I thought the poster was talking more generally.

I have 2 existing BT lines, both on monthly rental. I see nothing in BT's T&Cs that prevents me taking up Line Rental Saver on both.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU BB => 2010: Orange 19 Meg Tweaked / 16 Meg Untweaked LLU BB
Standard User tommy45
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 08-Jul-11 23:50:44
Print Post

Only way to find out would be to ring them, but as both lines would use the same account that may stop them both having line rental saver, and both presumably would require a calling plan and with line rental saver i'm sure that you have to make 2 calls per month or 6 per quarter so it would be a pain in the backside if you only wanted the second line for adsl use

Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Sat 09-Jul-11 00:11:40
Print Post

No, if it's not specifically excluded in the T&Cs it must be allowed. It doesn't matter what they say on the phone unless they can point me to statement in the T&Cs that debars it.

I do have a single Calling Plan that covers both lines cuz the are on the same a/c. Making the necessary # of calls on each line is not a hurdle; both lines are used for calls. EDIT: Anyway BT line rental automatically includes their lowest Call Plan, Unlimited Weekend.

Edited by XRaySpeX (Sat 09-Jul-11 00:15:17)

Standard User tommy45
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 09-Jul-11 00:18:20
Print Post

Ah, but in order to have line rental saver you have to take out a calling plan on the line's that you have the LRS on , i'm sure someone will know what their t&c's are on it their web site is not very clear in that the full t&c's regarding this aren't readily available

Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Sat 09-Jul-11 00:35:13
Print Post

In reply to a post by tommy45:
in order to have line rental saver you have to take out a calling plan on the line's that you have the LRS on
Sorry, but how do you work that out?

A Calling Plan is not restricted to a single line, but to a single a/c, as I have proved with my current situation. Just to clarify, I get all my up to 1 hour 01, 02, 03, 0845 & 0870 calls on both lines free on one Unlimited Anytime Plan costing one £4.70 pm.

Standard User Adamant
(legend) Sat 09-Jul-11 12:32:38
Print Post

[re: DaveSmith2020] [link to this post]

What did you want a second line for?

Adam
Sky Max LLU
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to