General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 14-Jul-11 18:55:58
Print Post

Line Attenuation Increased

[link to this post]

Hi,

Yesterday my router lost sync for a few minutes. When it re-connected my Line Attenuation had gone up from 60db to 62db. This has caused the download speed to decrease from 2048 to around 1800 (it varies slightly each time I reboot). The upload has also taken a hit. What could cause this? I've also noticed that the Noise Margin drops from typically 8db to 6.5db during phone calls but this has been happening since before the Line Attenuation issue.

I'm using Sky Broadband.

Thanks for any advice
Chris
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 14-Jul-11 19:27:13
Print Post

Re: Line Attenuation Increased

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
Hi,

Yesterday my router lost sync for a few minutes. When it re-connected my Line Attenuation had gone up from 60db to 62db. This has caused the download speed to decrease from 2048 to around 1800 (it varies slightly each time I reboot). The upload has also taken a hit. What could cause this? I've also noticed that the Noise Margin drops from typically 8db to 6.5db during phone calls but this has been happening since before the Line Attenuation issue.

I'm using Sky Broadband. Sounds like Sky's dlm and a possibly REIN or the beginning of a line fault

Thanks for any advice
Chris
Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Fri 15-Jul-11 19:14:18
Print Post

Re: Line Attenuation Increased

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

maybe some work was done on your line, or a neighbour got broadband, or someone got a new electrical appliance giving off RF interference.

Phil

MaxDSL - goes as fast as it can and doesn't read the line checker first.

MaxDSL diagnostics
Are your kids pirates ? Limewire, Bearshare, Kazaa, BitTorrent, eMule are all tools of the trade.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to