General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User G0AOZ
(member) Tue 09-Aug-11 20:14:10
Print Post

Unable to chase up a Broadband fault with BT.

[link to this post]

Logged a fault with BT yesterday afternoon (17:00 hrs). They admitted the fault was theirs (externally) after the usual checks on router, filter, Master socket, et al. Promised it would be back by 21:00 and they'd ring to check all ok. It wasn't. They did ring at 23:00 (!) and again promised it'd be back on next morning (today), before 09:00. It wasn't. Called to check, promised mid morning. You've guessed it, a big fat nothing. Calls to the same number we dialled yesterday are now redirected to an answerphone.

Has BT run out of people, or is there some other more sinister reason why they won't answer their phones?
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 09-Aug-11 22:24:27
Print Post

Re: Unable to chase up a Broadband fault with BT.

[re: G0AOZ] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by G0AOZ:
Has BT run out of people, or is there some other more sinister reason why they won't answer their phones?
Sinister?

That's a very powerful word.

Do you mean that they may be being controlled by the CIA, who are out to get you?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.

Edited by RobertoS (Tue 09-Aug-11 22:24:55)

Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Tue 09-Aug-11 22:54:49
Print Post

..... more sinister reason ......

Nah! that's just the way with BT CS at times I suppose frown

Mind you they're not the only ones with poor CS.

Alastair

omadasafisho

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

ISP Representative BT_Care
(isp) Wed 10-Aug-11 17:12:00
Print Post

Re:Unable to chase up a Broadband fault with BT.

Hi G0AOZ

I have just seen you post and can look into this for you if you want. Just send your details to me via http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4950

Regards David
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User G0AOZ
(member) Fri 12-Aug-11 12:28:49
Print Post

[re: BT_Care] [link to this post]

Thanks David. Have sent relevant details as per the link provided.
Standard User G0AOZ
(member) Wed 17-Aug-11 13:53:46
Print Post

After numerous phone calls I'm pleased to report that the problem has now been resolved. A BT engineer visited the (home) premises and changed the router for a BT Home Hub v3.

Since the original router works fine elsewhere, a replacement gave the same results, I'm suspecting BT made an undocumented change of ADSL logon details.

The Home Hub requires no username or pasword to be programmed in, so I'm assuming this information must be in the Radius server under the telephone number to which it's attached. Is that right?
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 18-Aug-11 13:18:43
Print Post

In reply to a post by G0AOZ:
After numerous phone calls I'm pleased to report that the problem has now been resolved. A BT engineer visited the (home) premises and changed the router for a BT Home Hub v3.

Since the original router works fine elsewhere, a replacement gave the same results, I'm suspecting BT made an undocumented change of ADSL logon details.

The Home Hub requires no username or pasword to be programmed in, so I'm assuming this information must be in the Radius server under the telephone number to which it's attached. Is that right?
?
You say the problem has been resolved, ie fixed.

Yet you also say the replacement hub does the same thing, so it isn't fixed.

???

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User Guest_Again
(legend) Fri 19-Aug-11 02:55:19
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I have had problems with BT on my 2 home lines. Long story cut short: While BT were here, he moaned about his wages - so - friend hired him to do work and only charged £100. Great - for her.
Meanwhile, here, he borked my line up to lower than I had.
He got 0 sheckels off of me. I never had such a crepe service by a runt before. Next time I shall place my brain in gear, it shall be for a very good reason. Enough said there. smile

_
Be* with this (XP Pro & Win7), and a MacBook Pro (OS X)

FREE & Easy Tweaks for WHATEVER Your Speed - CLICK HERE!

Use DrTCP & DMT + settings

Link 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - Be* Here wink
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 19-Aug-11 19:47:38
Print Post

[re: Guest_Again] [link to this post]

I been waiting for 2 weeks now with a dead phone. They keep telling me a fix date then keep putting it back. Saw trucks working on the line no thursday but phone still dead and no trucks there today and they saying monday is fix date. Apparently alot of others off in village too.

Tim
ZeN & freenetname
recapped ST546v6 on 8 Meg Active
Check my bad boy speeds out on ZeN
Standard User techguy
(member) Fri 19-Aug-11 20:40:09
Print Post

[re: Banger] [link to this post]

BT are like the Government, completely unaccountable but then again there's no real competitors as even if you go for an LLU setup the copper coming into your home or business is still rented by the LLU provider and only Openreacj can carry out any work on it.

So there's no commercial pressure on them, I might have been tempted to kill the DD mandate though and pay half your bill via their site.

When they contact you just tell them you are paying for the proprtion of service you have received.

On second thought probably not the best idea as they would probably murder your credit rating.

Best just ring up several times a day and badger tham till they fix it and get your neighbours to do likewise.

If it goes over 8 weeks complain to Ofcom, I bet they wouldn't allow a corporate account to be without service for 2 weeks.

Absolutely dreadful that this kind of caper is allowed in 2011.

Virgin (ADSL) => Namesco => Newnet => O2 => Plusnet => Zen => Newnet => Zen Lite 8000
Note: I don't lay turf for anyone. astro or otherwise, all views and opinions expressed are my own based on experience.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to