General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ccxo
(regular) Fri 12-Aug-11 19:37:42
Print Post

Openreach works

[link to this post]

There has been quite a bit of openreach works in my local area, there is no planned upgrades to the exchange. Yet Openreach has been doing alot of cable and pole work in the area, the road that they are working on now passed by today and op where laying a new cable into the ground via the ducts, large roll of cable with the vans.

Will see if i can ask them if i see them again what the upgrade is for, as im wondering if its laying fibre before FTTC is enabled in the future as in my county the next 2 exchanges will be done soon.

Any way to find out from the Openreach site what the work is for, or would that information be private?

thanks

My Broadband Speed Test
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 12-Aug-11 21:15:34
Print Post

Re: Openreach works

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

you could ask one of them. 99% of openworld staff ive ever talked to in the field have been quite forthcomeing when asked.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 12-Aug-11 21:17:06
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

sorry openreach. sorry its been a long day

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ggremlin
(committed) Fri 12-Aug-11 21:48:30
Print Post

openworld

the ones that dig holes,

I guess we get closeworld following a week later
Standard User ccxo
(regular) Fri 12-Aug-11 23:05:14
Print Post

Proably will be monday before there back unless they work weekends.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 12-Aug-11 23:08:39
Print Post

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
sorry openreach. sorry its been a long day
smile
If you register, which is easy, you don't get spammed, you don't get the in-flow adverts, you see more forums - but can build a list of ones you want presented day-to-day, you can send and receive PMs, you can flag individual threads outside those "Favourites" for notification of updates, you can choose "Flat" mode which many like rather than "Threaded", and you can edit for up to 12 hours after posting smile.

I recommend it smile.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User Invictel
(newbie) Sat 13-Aug-11 09:46:16
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

From what I understood of their recent press release, they were reorganising all their resources so they could fix the damage done by the rioters around the country.

Based on the info we had, we were under the impression that all other work was being put on hold until the repair work was done. When we contacted Openreach they said pretty much the same again, and said to expect at least a 3-4 week delay on their other projects.

The company said that it planned to operate as usual but in some cases disruptions in services might occur. BT Openreach, which is BT’s infrastructure arm, said that will focus its resources on repair work rather than facilitating new connections.

“There has been some impact on the service we are able to provide our customers, including missed appointments, where our engineers have been unable to access affected areas,” BT Openreach said.

With regards to enquiring about work in your local area, you can submit an enquiry to them here: http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/submitFeedback....
Failing that, do as you suggested, ask the engineers.

Edited by Invictel (Sat 13-Aug-11 09:49:35)

Standard User ccxo
(regular) Sun 14-Aug-11 20:49:47
Print Post

[re: Invictel] [link to this post]

My part of the county didnt see any rioters damage, so BT would have continued as normal in my county.

Have sent a enquiry to them, will also register on there site, thanks guys.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Mon 15-Aug-11 08:40:28
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ccxo:
My part of the county didnt see any rioters damage, so BT would have continued as normal in my county.

Unless of course BT sent the engineers from your county to areas of the country that did have riots which is I suspect what they would have done in order to fix things as quickly as possible. They would probably keep enough engineers to do repairs but would send anyone who does "new" work to fix the stuff that was damaged by riots.
Standard User Invictel
(newbie) Mon 15-Aug-11 14:36:50
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ian72:
In reply to a post by ccxo:

Unless of course BT sent the engineers from your county to areas of the country that did have riots which is I suspect what they would have done in order to fix things as quickly as possible. They would probably keep enough engineers to do repairs but would send anyone who does "new" work to fix the stuff that was damaged by riots.

This was the impression I got from Openreach. There is a lot of damage that needs to be repaired and they are reorganising their resources to deal with the damage. We were told that all other work is on hold until the damage is all repaired.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to