General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Decked
(newbie) Mon 29-Aug-11 20:32:13
Print Post

I don't get it....

[link to this post]

Hi,
First post on her so I hope it's in the right place.
I currently live in Orpington, I've looked on a map recently posted on here and it shows that my exchange is not FTTC (although there are about 6/7 very close by and even on my road that are). It looks like I will be towards the middle of 2012 anyway but as a test I looked at trying to request BT Infinity/fibre at my girlfriends house who does have FTTC and it still comes up as 4mb...
So can someone actually tell me what FTTC will do for me? I'm sick of having slow BB. Can I pay BT/Virgin to run something to the local cabinet? I'm sure everyone round her would pay for it.
any help would be appreciated.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 29-Aug-11 21:20:11
Print Post

Re: I don't get it....

[re: Decked] [link to this post]

Your post is a bit confusing - I think you might be misunderstanding the map.

The first thing to do is copy/paste here what this checker says about your line.

The second thing to do if you feel safe doing so is to (post here or) PM me your post code.

We will then have a good idea about whether or not you will be able to get it.

I'm not sure what your girlfriend's house has to do with it, if she already has FTTC. Or do you mean there is a sticker on the map for where she is?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
  Print Thread

Jump to