General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 07-Sep-11 15:40:11
Print Post

New rented house - already an active connection

[link to this post]

Hi there

I've just moved into a new rented house, there is already an active connection one one of the phone lines with O2 Broadband and Home Phone. I've spoken to the landlord and it seems the account holder is one of the previous tenants.

We either want to:
- Join O2, transfer of ownership if the price is cheap enough on their current package.
- Migrate from O2 to another provider.

However it seems this might not be possible if we can't get contact with the previous tenants.

What's going to be the quickest (least downtime) and cheapest way to gain an active connection in our name?

We do appear to have an unconnected (no dial tone) second phone line if that helps.

Thanks.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 07-Sep-11 15:50:40
Print Post

Re: New rented house - already an active connection

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

You do not need to contact the pevious tenants. Just sign up with your provider of choice and leave them to sort it out, or, if you want different line and broadband providers, sort the line out first then the broadband.

One would presume that the prior tenants instructed cancellation of the services, so that may not have been processed yet. It will need to be, and the current service ceased, before you can have service on the same physical line.

if the prior tenants were evicted/ran off/forgot to cancel then there would be a delay provisioning on the same physical line but if you have two, there's a way around that.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 07-Sep-11 16:24:21
Print Post

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
Hi there

I've just moved into a new rented house, there is already an active connection one one of the phone lines with O2 Broadband and Home Phone. I've spoken to the landlord and it seems the account holder is one of the previous tenants.

We either want to:
- Join O2, transfer of ownership if the price is cheap enough on their current package.
- Migrate from O2 to another provider.

However it seems this might not be possible if we can't get contact with the previous tenants.

What's going to be the quickest (least downtime) and cheapest way to gain an active connection in our name?

We do appear to have an unconnected (no dial tone) second phone line if that helps.

Thanks.
any ideas as who the existing provider is ? you can find out if it is llu or not buy running a speedtest at btspeedtester.com if it is llu the test will give an error infact if you go to the speedtest.net site it should tell you who the isp is ,
as for the telephony provider they are easier to change no mac needed there,

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Wed 07-Sep-11 19:04:37
Print Post

Didn't OP say O2?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 17 Meg Untweaked 19 Meg Tweaked WBC
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 07-Sep-11 20:19:26
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Yeah it is O2. The speedtester hasn't worked for me, but I assume it is LLU as it is available in this area according to samknows.
Standard User epyon
(member) Wed 07-Sep-11 21:13:52
Print Post

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
You do not need to contact the pevious tenants. Just sign up with your provider of choice and leave them to sort it out.

This ^^

BE*Unlimited
My Broadband Speed Test
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 07-Sep-11 21:52:01
Print Post

[re: epyon] [link to this post]

What sort of downtime can I expect doing this?
  Print Thread

Jump to