General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sun 11-Sep-11 12:59:06
Print Post

Who else has problems with ITV Player /4OD Player ?

[link to this post]

Hi, firstly BBC I player works fine except for the occasional blip, where the screen will darken and the circle will appear,and for a short time the sound will be repeating, but the video keeps streaming,then a brief pause and back to normal and,
It will normally only do this once

The HD stuff works fine as do you tube & all other streamed video content that i have tried even the ones in HD
I have a throughput of over 10mbits and it does not matter what time of the day i try and watch content the results are always the same

But my main problem is with ITV player and more recently 4OD player

Trying to play stuff from both is a nightmare,

ITV player will display error messages after appear the adverts that always will play fine btw, saying problem with internet connection,contend not available blah blah blah, but if is available there is no issue with the internet connection, this will i am sure is down to their CDN providers

4od did work flawlessly until the resent change in web site deign and the player to a flash based player (the same as itv player) but with a pop out screen, that will nearly always result in the video stopping, if i play content in normal window it will stream sometimes for 20mins without issue other times it can be with in 5mins, or fail to start
(no error messages at all) after pressing pause/play buttons the sound will continue,but video does not, maybe they should scrap these non working players altogether, or at least offer the option to download content ?
try this link

it plays only the announcement from itv then will stop. or as said already will play the ads fine then stop or be a pain further in
Standard User blueacid
(committed) Sun 11-Sep-11 18:57:14
Print Post

Re: Who else has problems with ITV Player /4OD Player ?

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

What ISP are you with? Have you run a speed test separately?

Cheers,
Blueacid
=================================
Was on Xilo C&W LLU on MRCEN, Now Be* on MRARD.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sun 11-Sep-11 21:09:21
Print Post

[re: blueacid] [link to this post]

With Be Unlimited, yeah plenty of speed tests i get 16mbit on most and 2mbit upload
so it isn't my connection it's self, if it isn't an issue with itv player or it's Content provider then it has to be down to be or any one of it's peering partners i guess???
my problems are common or was common with itv player it's even discussed on their forum and others as said no probs with you tube ect so ???

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User epyon
(member) Sun 11-Sep-11 21:47:01
Print Post

working fine here via laptop and ps3.

BE*Unlimited
My Broadband Speed Test
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 28-Feb-12 14:50:03
Print Post

i am having this problem too
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 28-Feb-12 15:03:15
Print Post

No, not seeing those issues that you describe, but i have in the past, One thing that can cause similar issues is add blocking software,
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 28-Feb-12 20:30:30
Print Post

I had this problem with my ISP Vivaciti during the day. iPlayer and You tube fine but ITV player and 4OD kept stalling. Turned out to be my ISP traffic shaping of P2P. I think the two players use non standard port and can fall into shaping profile. My ISP adjusted my shaping profile and problem solved. Something to look into with BE, I dont know if they shape or not.

Tim
www.vivaciti.net & freenetname
Billion 7800 on 24 Meg Variety LLU
My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User Wagstaff
(committed) Tue 28-Feb-12 21:43:10
Print Post

[re: Banger] [link to this post]

Encountered the same problem last night with ITV Player. It was about to play Part 4 of the programme I was watching, but then came back with the message "video not available".
I pulled the programme counter back and it carried on as normal - only problem was that I had to endure a double dose of adverts!! frown

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Wagstaff

"Never ask the barber if you need a haircut."
  Print Thread

Jump to