I live in Brighton Marina (Victory Mews) and I am using BT Business Total Broadband. I will be grateful if someone can help me improve my connection speed... However, here are the things you may need to identify the cause of this problem:
1. I'm using BT and my downstream according to router is 2048 kbps and my upstream is 803 kbps.
2. I'm using a Netgear High Performance router with Windows 7 Home Premium x64.
3. ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 2080 kbps 803 kbps
Line Attenuation 53.0 db 31.8 db
Noise Margin 6.5 db 6.3 db
4. My master socket & the test socket beneath it doesn't work at all. I've tried connecting the phone alone to both of them and my phone didn't work at all.
5. What does the BT Wholesale number checker say for your line.
"For Telephone Number xxxxxxxxxxx on Exchange KEMPTOWN
Your exchange is ADSL enabled, and our initial test on your line indicates that your line should be able to have an ADSL broadband service that provides a fixed line speed up to 2Mbps.
Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL Max broadband line speed of 4Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 2.5Mbps and 7Mbps.
Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL2+ broadband line speed of 6Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 3.5Mbps and 9Mbps. Our test also indicates that your line could support an estimated ADSL 2+ Annex-M broadband upstream line speed of 1Mbps and downstream line speed of 6Mbps; typically the downstream speed would range between 3.5Mbps and 9Mbps."