General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User gamehunrgy
(newbie) Tue 13-Sep-11 23:20:22
Print Post

Moving from TalkTalk Full LLU to Sky Full LLU possible ?

[link to this post]

Possible without much interruption that is ? I know you used to have to 'return to doner' etc before but have sky changed there systems to accommodate such a change now ? The online order system still doesn't recognise a TalkTalk number. If I us my address details it works fine but obviously you have to pay £39 for a new line installation.

Anyways if ordered through the website would it go though without a hitch ? I expect a couple of hours downtime. That or do I have to ring and ask them to do a LLU to LLU switch ? Would prefer to do it online for the cashback.

Thanks in advance.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Tue 13-Sep-11 23:34:35
Print Post

Re: Moving from TalkTalk Full LLU to Sky Full LLU possible ?

[re: gamehunrgy] [link to this post]

I recently moved a Virgin cable phone+bb+tv to sky talk+bb+tv and kept the number. They couldn't process the order for the bb until the phone was switched however, so there would have been about 7 days downtime if the Virgin bb had stopped.

______________________________________________________________________________. __________________
Standard User gamehunrgy
(newbie) Wed 14-Sep-11 08:29:58
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

So 7 Days downtime then, I think I could live with that, just about. Lol. Thanks for that, will place the order as soon as my TalkTalk contract is up. smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 14-Sep-11 09:41:08
Print Post

[re: gamehunrgy] [link to this post]

IMPORTANT

Virgin cable is not full LLU so the experience of that poster is largely irrelevant.

In theory what you want to do is possible, but keep a mobile handy for when it screws up

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User gamehunrgy
(newbie) Wed 14-Sep-11 19:53:32
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Hi, I understand that, I guessed it would be a similar situation though. I got the answer I needed, It would seem in some cases there's just a couple of hours downtime. A new number will be needed it would appear though. Contract ends 19th Oct with TalkTalk so I guess if I order Sky now I'll have to pay leaving fees to TalkTalk.

Thanks !
  Print Thread

Jump to