General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 23-Sep-11 22:55:16
Print Post

talktalk are useless!!!!!!

[link to this post]

i got a good sync speed but between 6-12 my speed go down to less then 1meg

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 18219 kbps 1019 kbps
Line Attenuation 17.0 db 6.5 db
Noise Margin 6.9 db 10.5 db

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1498754780.png

they are useless. they dont even deserve too be in business!!!!!

they customer service n tech is all in india [censored] useless cant even understand english. OFCOM shud shut them down!!!! cant wait too be back on bt they was alot better and hardly ever had probs with them. will i need a mac code too move too bt because am on full llu?

sorry 4 moaning just h8 the useless [censored].
Standard User peej42
(newbie) Fri 23-Sep-11 23:49:39
Print Post

Re: talktalk are useless!!!!!!

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

I agree, left Orange for Talktalk as was promiced fast speeds, started OK for about a month running at 6m down and 0.65m up but soon dropped to under 2m down. Contacting them almost weekly for nearly 12 months, sent 3 new routers, their repair team twice, second time had to borrow my tools to do job, visit from BT repairs and still no change said it must be external wireing. Changed to BT, no changes were made and now am getting an avarage of 7.2m down and 0.67m up. Still being billed by Talktalk and have had threatening letters. Now resolved but went on for months, I am not well and could have done without the stress.

Bt may cost more but at least their service can be relied upon and customer service is prompt and in the UK.
Standard User Steve_74
(newbie) Sat 24-Sep-11 00:06:52
Print Post

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
will i need a mac code too move too bt because am on full llu?
You need to ask BT for a return to donor ( And Its free) Although they will lock you Into a 12 month contract for your home phone you can go to any ISP you wish.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Koppo
(regular) Sat 24-Sep-11 00:11:14
Print Post

[re: Steve_74] [link to this post]

Depending on your exchange choices, assuming you aren't 21cn and TalkTalk are the only LLU provider, maybe you should try a service based on the Opal kit behind TalkTalk, such as Vivaciti's Surfwise Variety.

I get 100Gb a month, fantastic pings and great speeds overall and apart from the traffic shaping in peak hours on torrents and some download sites (not all, and I never torrent if I can help it anyway) it's easily by far the best broadband service I have ever had and I've been with a few ISP's over the years.

It's only partial unbundled (SMPF), and monthly contract, so there's no grief if you want to switch to someone else at any point.

http://www.vivaciti.net/product/1/home-internet/17/s...
Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Sat 24-Sep-11 10:05:15
Print Post

i got a good sync speed but between 6-12 my speed go down to less then 1meg

They only allocate less than 100kbits/s per subscriber, so I'm not massively surprised.

Phil

MaxDSL - goes as fast as it can and doesn't read the line checker first.

MaxDSL diagnostics
Are your kids pirates ? Limewire, Bearshare, Kazaa, BitTorrent, eMule are all tools of the trade.
Standard User Sylcol
(member) Sat 24-Sep-11 12:21:02
Print Post

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1499489196.png

Try and use their forum for any complaints, the phone support is poor. You will only get help during the working week from their Tec people.

I have no problem with TT and my speed is fairly constant. Can only speak as I find!
  Print Thread

Jump to